RedEagle_P1.

DEV ANSWER Serious urgent issue with custom maps

I put in a ticket with nitrado asking them to look at the notes here. 

May I ask, what's the difference between uploading and running a .ygt file on a DS, and generating a .ylandsgame file locally.   It seems to me, that uploading and running a .ygt file simply makes a .ylandsgame file and then runs that.   So therefore, its essentially the same as a .yland file, just with a PB and caves.  I can just make the .ylandsgame locally, then upload that as I have been doing.  Does the .ygt file update and save what has happened in it's corresponding .ylandsgame file?  

I think the YGT file is more important for games where the server would reset each time.  It's a template.  Certain competitive games like Gold Rush, or some of the game modes that P1 has been working on, would need a fresh map to restart from.

For a map that's just a custom Explore world, it might work just to create the ylandsgame file and upload that, since it wouldn't need to reset every time.  I only used an explore map because I wanted something quickly to work with and try to learn how to run my server.

Edited by Indomitus

Theoretically yes. As we have in the past. It's not that you can't upload it. you absolutely can. 

BUT it does not work on Nitrado. What it does, is send it into endless restart loops. It acts the same way as it does when the upload is interrupted and it has an incomplete file. Or at least it does for me. I can upload it just fine. But when I start the server, restart loop.  As far as I know, Red is experiencing this too. 

Something in the recent update/patch fixed this for me. I am now able to used the 0.12 functionality.  Woo hoo!