Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-16732] inventory weirdness...

Question

Randomly, items on the   2nd last lines and in the middle  slots of the  inventory refuse to move into  chests when attempts are made to do so ...they get stuck there.   For an experiment i  tried to put a  shirt in 5  different   chests. cabinets.barrels  etc..and   to no  effect.  It  staye in inventory . I selected  wear  and  got nothing. I tried to equip and  drop ...and sometimes  got a failed message  ..or  nothing.  

After a  re-join, it  still persisted....  but sometime later the item  disappeared form  inventory ..it  was random :(

Then there was a  server restart... I came back  and i found  i could  put the  object  into a   barrel ..but   it  was already in there...!  and a copy was in every  container i tried previously  to put it in.:o It had  reproduced  in every  container i tried earlier to put it in.

Later i was in a cave and there was an intense light..it   lagged me to  a standstill...i   had to use unstuck command to get out . I returned  and from a distance ( freecamera) was able  to see the light was from multiple   items stacked up in the same   space ...  it  took  several attempts and unstuck  commands  because of   lag,  but i eventually   brought into my inventory about 20  lanterns and  a large  number of red  crystals...  there   were other items  too but  i left them.

It appears these items were  dropped  by someone   who perished at the jaws of a predator, and they all piled up in the same  spot. Now i suspect  that  the   poor deceased  was not carrying   20 lanterns   and  crystals , but had that inventory  glitch ...   and dropped the bundle  as they say when he was removed  from his  virtual body... the items  reproduced  as they dropped.

Recently  another player  encountered a NPC  that had  multiple  entities  in the   same spot,  emitting light, and causing lag.  I wonder, if someone  had  tried to trade with the  NPC  using a  glitched  item in their   inventory? .. causing out of   control " npc  reproduction"?

I do not  have the  logs, but  now  after thinking  about the  incidents and  seeing  what i perceived to be a common link ..i will  annoy you with them in  future,  as it  does not  seem to be an uncommon event.

By mentioning it here,  maybe others   who encounter similar incident will  react and  not   ignore it as a "minor  nuance" and   as they say, the more  logs,  the  bigger the log  jam !  :)

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

here is a screenshot  of  my inventory ..and   the start of  some of the "weirdness" ...note the  flax  flowers ..i put them n the  chest..they are there, but also remain in my  inventory. if i try to select the   ones in my inventory,  nothing happens ..if i try  equip  ..i get a failed message   ..

I am about  to   re join the game ...and will  post  more info  afterwards..

20190519085207_1.jpg

Anyone else encountered this?

Ane  - .i have  had others   complain in discord   ..but it seems  they apparently don't report  it!   i will get  my  whip and stiletto boots on  and   get then to do so  in game    next  time  ;) 

• Thanks 1

happened again to me ... the  fence thing -  it moved to the chest  but a copy  stayed in inventory ... it  will go  possibly  if i re log ..or there's a  server restart.  Logs  supplied  for your  sawmill  :)

20190523193557_1.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Thanks 1

I tried to move items   from inventory  in a chest .. they would  not  move... so i tried  dragging the items  from  inventory into chest ..with  no result . I them placed  cursor over the empty slots in  the chests and   discovered they all contained  invisible  items! !!

check  screenshot...   it  says   glass  sphere ....  all the   empty  slots  contained  an invisible  "glass sphere" 

Did i  dust  them so  clean that they are invisible ?  :)

log  files   included... also in reference to  ship  woes thread

20190529201826_1.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt