Oliver Hope

DEV ANSWER nested scenario folders

Question

I have a second scenario folder inside the first one with more scenarios, why is is this? could it cause problems?

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey Oliver! Can you tell us what the directory tree looks like? Is it something like this?
[userdata directory]
|-SaveGames
|-Scenarios (the top level one)
|-|-someOtherFile.yland
|-|-Scenarios (the nested one)
|-|-|-someOtherFile.yland

When did you notice the nested folders? If the nested folder is removed, does it reappear?

As a general advice, moving all files from the nested Scenarios folder to the top level Scenarios folder and deleting the nested Scenarios folder (now empty) will do no harm.

This is the directory: Documents\steam\userdata\255781583\298610\remote\Scenarios\Scenarios

@Ane

I noticed the nested folder quite a while back, not really sure when. I will try move the scenarios and delete the folder.

Edited by Oliver Hope

On 5/23/2019 at 11:59 AM, Ane said:

As a general advice, moving all files from the nested Scenarios folder to the top level Scenarios folder and deleting the nested Scenarios folder (now empty) will do no harm.

I tried doing so but it says there are 288 files with the same name, so i dont know whether to skip or replace

also i know i have more than 288 scenarios

Edited by Oliver Hope

The safest/fastest will be:

Skip/replace: Depends on which folder has newer data. Optimally you would use replace if the nested folder has newer data. To make it fast, use skip and move the nested folder somewhere else. If you notice that some of the scenarios seem to have older data then they should, replace the files in /Scenarios with the files from the (previously moved) nested folder.