Sign in to follow this  
mid endian

Questions on weather system

Since we've been able to create exploration custom maps through the editor, I've been wondering how weather is handled by the game. Does it automatically progress on each biome independent of one another, and will it stop working if I use a weather script command for a custom weather pattern I want to set up?

Does custom weather stop the default weather patterns from operate once I use them? My worry is I would have to set up a weather pattern for every single Island, even if I affect one of them locally. I've looked and couldn't find a command that forces weather back to a default state.

Hi, each yland has its own system.

There are 2 variants of Set weather, Set weather will change weather on all of the ylands. (and it will remain in the target weather "forever"), Set weather at will override weather only on nearest yland to the target positon.

You can "reset" weather to default transition system when you use "Set weather" "None"

That's good to know. I guess we'll have to set weather to none globally for weather at each position as well m

I also assume weather changes are tied to game hour and not real time, as weather patterns change when sleeping. 

On 5/30/2019 at 7:54 PM, mid endian said:

I also assume weather changes are tied to game hour and not real time, as weather patterns change when sleeping. 

Your assumption is right. :)