Sign in to follow this  
Marci Magyar

Dev Diary #81

Hey there fellow ylanders - it's that time of the week again!

The time when you settle in with a steaming cup of coffee, lay back and enjoy the latest Dev Diary, especially knowing that this one might be* the last before a new update comes out.

So let's prepare for this beautiful eventuality, by collecting all the sneak peeks and teasers we have released about the upcoming 0.13 update.

the new terrain generation in effect

the new terrain generation in effect

As you can see, 0.13 is going to be concentrating on the social aspects of the game, laying down the essential foundations for some very cool upcoming systems (like clans). It is a very significant update for us and for the game - paving the way for the rest of Yland's future.

The new terrain generation is also a necessary (and beautiful...you'll see) step towards improved AI pathfinding, something we've discussed in:

While this feature will not be present in 0.13 (it will follow in a later update), it's a huge step towards a more interesting and challenging AI that will improve every aspect of the game and will be a true game changer.

Of course no update could be complete without a host of fixes and improvements (and maybe a new costume...) that are too numerous and small to mention here, but you can read about all of it in the changelog as soon as it goes online.

We'll also be releasing a video dev diary (as per the gentlemanly tradition of Ylands) to walk you through the biggest features of the update - keep your eyes peeled for that as well!

dev_diary_edited.jpg

say "update 0.13 is coming soon and you'll love it"

And until then...have a great weekend and stay classy everyone!

* fingers crossed

• Like 5

Is there going to be a dedicated server fix?  I'm still waiting to be able to use 0.12 features on my servers.  

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

Is there going to be a dedicated server fix?  I'm still waiting to be able to use 0.12 features on my servers.  

Hi,

unfortunately no. The reason for it is that we do not know what might be problem. It works fine for us. Have you tried quite detailed instructions provided in another topic?

Please try the instructions provided in that thread and write there in what part of the instruction you get different result to the one shown there.

Thanks for the Dev Diary!

Are you considering to add text-to-speach / speach to text chat options?

Will explore maps from 0.12 and older still work after the 0.13 update? Can't wait to see the new terrain generation for my self!

Hey guys - just an update, we left out the questions from last week, so here we go:

Will this mean 0.13 will update our terrain tools too?
Not for 0.13, but soon after :)

With this change, the old saves will see changes in their biomes or it keep the same ?
Old saves won't be affected by the new terrain generation in any way

1 hour ago, Marci Magyar said:

Will this mean 0.13 will update our terrain tools too?
Not for 0.13, but soon after :)

I look forward to seeing the improvements.  Terrain tool, in Editor especially, can be hard to use.

54 minutes ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

So what was in the sneaky update this weekend?

You mean this?

12 minutes ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

I saw that. But noticed a change mentioning traps.

That was in 0.12 already as far as I know?

I don't think so. Also, we don't have traps? Unless it means that spiky thing.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

Was this removed from game after 0.12? I'm not really sure, but is was present before update - bear trap

https://ylands.gamepedia.com/Bear_Trap

Or are you talking about other kind of traps? Others that I know about  are wooden and iron spikes traps

Edited by jchob

15 hours ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

Yes, it refers to the animal traps :)

Actually, this is what is considered to be a "trap" now (aka trap immunity applies to it).

image.png

18 hours ago, Bob Salvador said:

Dart shooter …mmmh .… let me see…. are they new ? ;D

Not really new. They are available in editor (i think you can't craft in explore maps)