RedEagle_P1.

P1 Building Competition! #8 - Game Inspiration Challenge

e72d25230013de5417b0882ea26b87e1.png

Big thanks to Bohemia Interactive for sponsoring this event with prizes!

Overview: 

Come up with a simple but fun game idea that is EASY to make in Ylands!

The Idea: 

Every great mini game starts an idea! Submit your idea to this thread to get a chance to win up to 3K Coyns! 

Template: 

Game Theme (Art): 

Game Genre:

Game Concept: 

Template Example: 

Spoiler

Game Theme (Art): Christmas, Winter, Sci-fi, Medieval, Space, Soviet, Etc.  

Game Genre: Strategy, RPG, Sports, Racing, Fantasy, CTF, Puzzle, Platformer, Dice/Board game etc.

Game Concept: (5 sentences max) 2 teams have a flag and a base. Steal the enemy flag and take it back to your base to win. 

Judging criteria: 

1) How easy would this game be to make in Ylands? 

2) Could the game be made in 4 weeks by 2 people? 

3) How clear was the game idea?

4) Does the game idea seem fun & unique? 

Prizes & Victory:

Each time you submit an idea I will either "accept" or "critique" it based on how clear, fun & unique the idea is. For each idea accepted, you get 1 entry to win one of three prizes.

Prize 1: 3k Coyns

Prize 2: 2k  Coyns

Prize 3: 1k Coyns

You can submit as many ideas as you like! You can improve critiqued ideas until they are accepted. @FavoryPluto can also accept or critique ideas. 

b233de024baf8e1ea833e9404303b0ce.gif

Deadline: Saturday the 28th of June at this time. 

>> How to get started: << 

The moment you see this reply:  

I am in!

Do this if you are considering joining, its not a commitment to join for good.  

Edit & write up your idea and post it in your own time. 

Legal: 

No purchase needed, submissions outside the deadline do not count. Coyns have no real-world value but are bought in game for about 3-5 USD per 1000. So the value of prizes is about $30. I cannot win the prize myself... clearly and I will choose the winner based on the "judging criteria." Discord use not needed. P1 does not represent Bohemia Interactive and/or Ylands. Direct any concerns our way. BI is just doing the prizes. You MAY enter content not already uploaded to the workshop that you made BEFORE this contest started if you want. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 1

I realize this one has started before the last competition is done! I have a good reason for that :D

This one goes on for 2 weeks also for that reason. 

I should clarify. When I say "easy to make" I mean something with a possible scope in Ylands. When making games you can only have so much code and so many things to bug fix to make it happen. Otherwise you can't get done in 1 update cycle. 

The game can have elaborate artistic design. 

In the 3 sentences max, it's a hard. For a Puzzle game, if I want to explain how they work I can't :/ , Is it ok if I try with more than 3 sentences ?

Theme: Ruins Maya/Aztèque

Genre: Escape game coop 2 players or 4/6/8

Concept: Players appear separated and must meet each other. They see each other but they are separated by the scenery. A series of rooms are waiting for them with different puzzles, some of which will have to be exchanged objects present in their room, others where they will have to move blocks according to the model that their teammate has in the other room. Some contain traps that will have to be defused by our friend and vice versa to advance in the dungeon. The goal is to get together before starving in a room full of food.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Salvador said:

In the 3 sentences max, it's a hard. For a Puzzle game, if I want to explain how they work I can't :/ , Is it ok if I try with more than 3 sentences ?

Theme: Ruins Maya/Aztèque

Genre: Escape game coop 2 players or 4/6/8

Concept: Players appear separated and must meet each other. They see each other but they are separated by the scenery. A series of rooms are waiting for them with different puzzles, some of which will have to be exchanged objects present in their room, others where they will have to move blocks according to the model that their teammate has in the other room. Some contain traps that will have to be defused by our friend and vice versa to advance in the dungeon. The goal is to get together before starving in a room full of food.

Ill up it to 5. 

• Like 1

I'm in! "I don't know if this idea has been done already!"

Game Theme: Classical/Roman

Game Genre: Basic PVP Combat / Team PVP

Game Concept:

• 2 to 4 team Battle or Free for all Deathmatch held within a Roman Arena. Players spawn in a 'Gladiator Holding Pit' there they equip themselves with whatever respawning weapons/armour available on the shelves each tailored with their own strengths/weaknesses.
  • Each round starts every 40 seconds, players ready to start a match must go through a door corresponding to their selected team. They will be teleported to the 'Ready-To-Play' Tunnel.
  • At the immediate end of the previous round (40 Secs) the Tunnel doors will open and battle can commence!
  • The round will end upon the death of all but one player and the arena will be cleared and all surviving players will be teleported back to the Gladiator Pit to reselect their equipment again.

• This game is a bare-bones PVP arena game with a small sandbox element to select your own kit. Team balancing and score keeping is not included and is at the player's discretion.