ComR

There is no sun... and few other bugs/problems

Question

Hello,

I hoped that new update will make less problems,  birds and water flow will be back and as you always claim: "This is biggest updated ever!".

Well, first things first:

-There is no sun... After last update sun disappeared.

World prettier and more interesting??

-Islands never were so small. 
-Fantastic new word creating system is so fantastic, so islands are simply speaking - bald and look not natural at all. What happened to giant (comparing to new maps) jungles and forests??? There is non.
-Most islands are flat. Yes, we need some flat places, but not completely flat and bald places...
-Beaches were slight slopes - as sand beaches should be - now steps are everywhere and from a distance islands look "pixelated" (voxelated if you prefer).
-Grass, flowers and other plants are now in separate patches. In groups for 10-20 plants. No more diversity. This is realistic??

In short... Islands looks unrealistic, small, visibly generated (hill - ditch - hill - ditch - hill - plateau and patch of grass - nothing - patch of flowers - nothing - patch of grass)... and bald.

And these ugly faces... What is your artists doing?? They should tell you why in low poly game high poly elements, like faces,  looks horribly. At least make it option.

And, pretty please, do not lie, that 50 people are working everyday on Ylands... This is silly. Maybe whole Bohemia team is 50 people, but they are working hard on other titles. Look around, there are tons of games made by ONE person and it take less time...

And one more thing... You seem to talk only with one Ylands community - multiplayer community. They claim to know you personally. How many people are playing multiplayer? It's easy to count - count your servers. What about rest? You say you read posts here - maybe you read them, but not response to them.

Have a Nice Day,
ComR

• Downvote 1

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Ugly faces ? "What is your artists doing?" ... It's not correct for them ! For me, artists are excellent for this game (thanks for them).  Devs give more news to the community now (and it's great!). 

"Most islands are flat ... ?" Did you play on YLANDS? (are you sure ?).

8 hours ago, ComR said:

Hello,

I hoped that new update will make less problems,  birds and water flow will be back and as you always claim: "This is biggest updated ever!".

Well, first things first:

-There is no sun... After last update sun disappeared.

World prettier and more interesting??

-Islands never were so small. 
-Fantastic new word creating system is so fantastic, so islands are simply speaking - bald and look not natural at all. What happened to giant (comparing to new maps) jungles and forests??? There is non.
-Most islands are flat. Yes, we need some flat places, but not completely flat and bald places...
-Beaches were slight slopes - as sand beaches should be - now steps are everywhere and from a distance islands look "pixelated" (voxelated if you prefer).
-Grass, flowers and other plants are now in separate patches. In groups for 10-20 plants. No more diversity. This is realistic??

In short... Islands looks unrealistic, small, visibly generated (hill - ditch - hill - ditch - hill - plateau and patch of grass - nothing - patch of flowers - nothing - patch of grass)... and bald.

And these ugly faces... What is your artists doing?? They should tell you why in low poly game high poly elements, like faces,  looks horribly. At least make it option.

And, pretty please, do not lie, that 50 people are working everyday on Ylands... This is silly. Maybe whole Bohemia team is 50 people, but they are working hard on other titles. Look around, there are tons of games made by ONE person and it take less time...

And one more thing... You seem to talk only with one Ylands community - multiplayer community. They claim to know you personally. How many people are playing multiplayer? It's easy to count - count your servers. What about rest? You say you read posts here - maybe you read them, but not response to them.

Have a Nice Day,
ComR

Don't be salty, If you put to many expectation it's your problem, but don't cry on a game that is in dev, you juge it like if it was out. Now take the time to look other games and leave Ylands if you don't have all the pleasure you expect.

You have the easy criticism, can you make us the same speech on all the positive things and the corrected bugs please? :)

• Upvote 1

@ComR

Yes its a big difference. And as they said "this update will open more doors for future updates" 

Yes some things are good, others not. You just NEED to understand that gane is still under development. 

You seem like a boss, always pointing a finger If I do something bad. But if I make something cool, I don't get a congratulation. 

Stop pointing all the bad, and tell me what good things this update brought. 

Just have fun. 

If theres  no sun, that will  make  vampires  happy! ......so watch  your  throat 24/7  :)

Well, if I will only say what is great - not even mentioning the missing sun - game will be not a bit better, right? You all should fing issues and help devs to remove these... As lack of sounds after last update...

Yes, I like Ylands and I hope this game will be better, but Devs do not seem to be interested in making this game better. Maybe we are guilty here - if we just again and again say "game is excellent" - Ylands will be never improved.

And yes, I'm playing Ylands almost 24/7 (really) and I can say Islands are much smaller, there is much less fauna and flora, THERE IS NO SUN, birds and flowing water. Yes, I know, game is in development, but... 

I wrote many posts about bugs and problems and I offered my help with solving problems.

Maybe you like new faces - you can. If you can't see that game is only improved in multiplayer and rest is ignored... 

Never mind, have a nice day.
ComR