Hello

Im not sure if this is a bug or if Im doing something wrong.

you can see it works perfectly the first two times, but in the 3rd one it doesnt go down properly and this messes it up from then on.

here is the code:

Ylands_190622_121610.thumb.png.08e7910c1a1d4198a8b9f9541ed718d2.png

LOGS:

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by Oliver Hope

Hi,

will try it next week. Is it happening each time in the same way? That the 3rd time goes wrong? (Attaching your logs can help to solve the issue)

This should work but not indefinetely. Adding and removing 0.1 from y will have rounding issues. I would suggest to store original position and orientation in On create event and I would use these stored value to return object to an original position.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Houp said:

Hi,

will try it next week. Is it happening each time in the same way? That the 3rd time goes wrong? (Attaching your logs can help to solve the issue)

This should work but not indefinetely. Adding and removing 0.1 from y will have rounding issues. I would suggest to store original position and orientation in On create event and I would use these stored value to return object to an original position.

No it is seemingly random when it works and doesnt work. storing original position is a bit annoying, cause these instruction is meant to work with multiple entities, is there another way around it?

I will attach the logs?

Storing it to local variable in the start of Man hole animation could work. Or useing entity storage for it.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Houp said:

Storing it to local variable in the start of Man hole animation could work. Or useing entity storage for it.

I tried this and it only made it worse?

I did notice that there was a mistake in the code, the first rotation animation time was set to 1 which might have been causing problems. However the real problem is that the last set of animations dont reliably run, by extending the delay to 1.1 it seems to work fine however Id much prefer not to have the extra delay.

also during my testing without the extra delay i noticed that sometimes it would go in the complete opposite direction. Something is a problem here?

Ylands_190623_183907.thumb.png.be9ceb9023f54d056c586814b3adba99.png

Hi, fix is ready. Problem was that if in the sameframe one animation ended and the second one start -> the second one was canceled. (so in your case it started "returning" before it went to the desired position.

• Thanks 1