Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Few important bugs from last update

Question

Dear Devs,

Last time I was a bit angry and my listing of bugs ended in battle where everyone tried to kill me. ;) So, I'm listing the bugs once again, but this time with better descriptions, I hope:

1) There is no sun anymore. 
       I tried many setting thinking it's my system problem, but - it's not my system problem. There is no sun and it's sad and misleading, because I don't know what       time is it and where is East and West... Yes, I can open dev's tab, but it's sad anyway.

2) Birds showing paths between islands are invisible anymore. I can see these only if they are just above my island (and even in this case it's very rare situation), sometimes I can see one pixel far, far away for a few seconds. I guess the birds are visible only when they are just above an island? I'm not sure yet.

3) Trading with NPCs is broken now:
   a) Half of transactions ends with "failed" and you both loose everything, except gold... If I sell fur for gold, for example, even with "failed" error, I'm receiving my gold and lost my fur, NPC lost the gold, but not receive fur. It would be okey, but if I'm buying something for gold - we both are loosing gold, but receiving nothing. Worst scenario is when I'm trying to trade goods for goods - if "failed" error appear we both loose everything.
   b) New UI shows much less "trade slots", please, make more slots, as before, because now I cannot buy expensive thing by trade... Even the most expensive items I have to sell somehow (usually trader has too less money) and by needed items for gold... loosing time and resources. With more slots I could just trade 12 armours for example for something I needed. Now we all are forced to use gold or sell anything everyday to collect enough gold...  

4) New model bounding have unexpected problems... Most special sites (buildings, sheds, ruins) cannot be rebuilt with "magic hammer" bit by bit anymore. Also items lying around in same cases "are not there". So, to destry these, I have to use strong weapon and destroy half of the house by accident. Before upgrade I could just destroy items, blocks, logs I don't need and use the rest for my purposes... Is there any way to change "model merging" beside editing? Do I have to edit game to remove "not existing" items?

5) New AI for animals not changed much - they are spawned in strange places and for some reason some of them always go to "trap" places like caves or ditches (even not in the ditch, some animals are stuck on the edges). also, after few hours of play most animals are broken and are "moonwalking".

6) Animals are still very often spawned on trees or in the trees or rocks.

7) Many objects fall "into the earth". In most cases it happens if I kill an animal on steep slope - meat and hide just "fall into the earth", it cannot be dig out.

7b) Dig items, like pistols in coffins, coins, chests with gold, hats and sometimes whole coffins fall into the earth, even after one try with a shovel. I tried to be cunning and dig out big hole (some king of dungeon) beneath the coffin and treasure chest, but pistol and chest fell into the earth anyway...

7c) Sometimes when I dig holes or jump onto a plant (sisal agave to be exact) I still fall into the earth and die - fortunately I do not loose my inventory... 

8.) New camera do not work properly when I'm swimming, trying to collect anything. I see nothing, except flashing light blue voxels.

9) Thanks to new update out hero do not destroy planted plant... ("planted plant" - "butterly butter") or cut tree after extracting resin or latex, but... combo sometimes happens not needed... So, In many cases I kill attacking wolf and my hero destroys so much needed hide or mead attacking empty air...

10) New battle system often works "strange". Usually one click makes my hero hitting once and sliding forward - straight into claws of beasts. Why? Second problem is strange "combo". This "combo" hits everything. Result is - sometimes I'm killing the beast and destroy meat and hide...

11) Please, let us destroy dirt and earth with hammers and weapons again. Many times, after digging, there are left-overs flying in the air and nothing can remove it. Earlier I was using war axe or better - spear (and FPP view) - to precisely hit floating item and destroy it. Not it's impossible... Additionally - we have no "blend" or "round" tool to terraform small parts of our work (if you don't want to use terraformer I mean). We have only shovel and spade. To make round slopes I used sabre or axe - now it's impossible. Please - make it possible again and make new tool - broom, so we could round or make slight slopes by removing small amounts of dirt.

12) Animals now can attack you not even watching you... No matter if you are above, below or behind!!!??? Last time I was almost killed by sharks tail and pumas tail, thought I was good one meter behind her and above her - on a bush.

13) Shells, oysters, sea urchins and other sear "items" are spawned below the ground - so are invisible. It's very annoying... If you are looking for oysters you have to blindly click everywhere or look for tip to pop out.

14) Vicinity problem - it's was great idea and usually works well, but it doesn't work properly in these two situations at least: If something is even slightly below something, for example stick below leaf of fern - vicinity "cannot see" the stick. I tried it many times and experimented with it. Also if something fell below furniture for example - I can stand on it, I fan touch it with my feet, but I cannot pick it up, also "vicinity cannot see the item". This is very annoying. Please, make vicinity range a bit bigger and try to find out why items below other items cannot be seen, thought I can see it.

Some propositions (I will post these separately too):

1) We should be able to hold gold coins and diamonds in our gold pouch...

2) Please, make barrels bigger... I mean - more slots in them - 12. Barrels and much bigger and costs much more...

3) It would be great to have smaller chest to fit small places. Maybe wicket baskets, but in box shape?

4) Please, make it possible to make planks with axes too.

5) Please, make it possible to make nails if you have hammer, anvil and iron bar.

It should be possible to make simple barrels, chests, ladders and doors without blacksmith. Additionally anvil would be of any use! Blckmith and more complicated, iron tools shouldn't be needed to make simple things like seed box, dirt box, simple chest or barrel.

Maybe I'm not everyone here, but it would be

X) I guess you already know that new terrain generator is much less realistic than last one - it's producing very small islands (yes, I play Ylands almost non-stop and already tried many, many games to see if it's not a bad luck of mine. There is no sharp mountains anymore - only small hills, there is mostly flat, empty lands, there is no jungles or dense forests anymore. There are two reasons for it: all plants are placed in "bundles", not scattered in larger areas - mixed (probably you can change settings to fix it - I hope).

Please, make hot fix and:
a) Please, give us birds back... especially these showing paths to islands... Exploring game is practically unplayable now... I have to look for islands blind - sailing, literally, for hours.
b) Give us sun back!
c) And if it's possible, make the water flow again...

I'm sorry for such long post, but I preferred to make one post, than be called spammer, but sending 20 separate posts,

All The Best,
ComR

• Upvote 1

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Are you playing Single Player? 

The birds are there, but harder to find.  Maybe adjust your settings?  

I swear a lot of the time it feels like this game is being developed in reverse.  Every update feels like a downgrade.  Things get nerfed or removed and there's never a satisfying reason behind it.

Yup, I feel the same. Why so many content was removed?? Why engine is secondary or even less important thing? Primary changes aredetails, like music, sounds, art... At start it was crafting/adventure/survival/exploring game with ghostly, dark theme... now it clone or Roblox and there is no game anymore, it's sandbox. Good, I like sandboxes and open world and possibility of modding (it's still a possibility), but "explore" is big part of the game and for many - the most important, not brick game. Bricks is great addition.

Maybe once, for a change, someone would work a bit on explore mode, adventure and a bit of reason behind sailing around? I can write you a script if you have no idea what to do with it, Devs.

ComR

6 hours ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

Are you playing Single Player? 

The birds are there, but harder to find.  Maybe adjust your settings?  

Yes, I saw yesterday a few birds, but they are visible only for a few seconds and disappear completely. I have the same setting as before, but I tried different ones too. I play in high resolution - 2048x1152. I think that or birds are much faster now or boats are much slower and... birds maybe are higher now? I remember them flying just by me, when I was walking in them mountains.

Yes, yes, I always play only Single Player. Maybe mutiplayer differs now. I have to check it.

Edited by ComR

I haven't played SP for quite a while. But I think they are different. You are welcome to join us on the P1 servers.

13 hours ago, bb cakes_P1 said:

I haven't played SP for quite a while. But I think they are different. You are welcome to join us on the P1 servers.

Thank you, I already joined you few weeks ago, maybe I will pay you a visit one day. :)

Have a Nice Day,
Bartosz