Harry Pines

Warship Castilla

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LINK TO ASSET:

https://workshop.ylands.com/asset/1213

PICS AT THE BOTTOM:

LINK TO DEVELOPMENT DIARY AND FIRST SHIP:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After more than a month of work. She's finally ready to share in her first rendition!

She has 2 decks, 32 guns, scripted cannon fire, survival friendly reloading, and even a rangefinder (in more detail below)!

Comes fully equipped with :

Rigging with double stacked sails ( 2 masts for the price of one!)

Saloon with kitchen,

Fore + Aft Storage,

Fully stocked armory,

Furnished gun deck,

and Captains Quarters.

a ton of code!

Don't hesitate to leave feedback. This isn't the final version, just the first I am comfortable sharing!

------------------------------------------------------------

THE TECH

-----------------------------------------------------------

There are 4 mechanics built into the ship.

1) Broadside, at the pull of the lever she will fire that side in a full secession!

the shots are delayed slightly for each gun, this is mostly based on more realistic engagements against moving targets but this can, of course, be changed in the script.

2) Reloading system: simply place cannonballs in the pictured chest and the cannons will consume however many they need to load themselves with. Be sure to keep extras in there as they will try to reload themselves after you let off a broadside!

RELOAD DEMO: (note  the long range on left lever, close range on the right side)

giphy.gif

3) Rangefinder: Two modes. first is a standard flat plane. use it for closer engagements. the upper cannons have been aimed up ever so slightly to match the range of the main guns. thus they will all hit a concentrated point! The latter is a long-range Arc.  Use it to scare off your enemies from afar or even shell a yland from the safety of the water!

SHORT DEMO:

giphy.gif

LONG DEMO:

giphy.gif

------------------------------------------------------------

PICTURES

-----------------------------------------------

18.thumb.jpg.aee3b624c2de00dfaaa64905124b0107.jpg17.thumb.jpg.aa119817701fba354ce7cb5244d422af.jpg16.thumb.jpg.e429e6ed63c4e28e5d92b6ca2e5f0549.jpg13.thumb.jpg.1e6d7db35897a29b2dc10313db0a5a16.jpg12.thumb.jpg.a4ef4f910e85f3a5e3fbaeab998bc0ff.jpg11.thumb.jpg.5ab413dc1844bee8efabaa7ba3796375.jpg10.thumb.jpg.941fb815456b796f92d1f1df8d85d01b.jpg9.thumb.jpg.05dddbc04f237b04a95db56dba51ab9f.jpg8.9.thumb.jpg.6d72b174bb6cda2183e37cae8a693d88.jpg8.1.thumb.jpg.0931f658f4b0661bea8113f13babb3e5.jpg7.thumb.jpg.5c1dc4d329d3ea5395a0b23007efacf3.jpg6.thumb.jpg.aa4b15bdcc11b662fcaf04c56f78a370.jpg5.thumb.jpg.23f2fd3e9ac8393a7e7ca94cbf27d523.jpg4.thumb.jpg.5386d530f896f1701b0528f53e71bab9.jpg3.thumb.jpg.1cfe98074e6df4711be2e146523d1ca8.jpg2.thumb.jpg.9fd8c0ec745404850480f63e5f4b9969.jpg1.thumb.jpg.11ce3139ae0425d6618a99edb14a7e42.jpg------------

Edited by Harry Pines
updated
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Wow! What a visually stunning build! From every angle this ship looks superb. The sheer level of detail you've gone to is insane, particularly with the interior areas like the gun deck, armoury and rear cabins - it makes this ship seem so functional and lived in. And operational broadsides, what can I say but awesome!

Thank you for sharing this on the workshop, very inspirational. That said, you've also entirely put me off my own attempts at ship building. :P I think I'll scrap the idea of an Napoleonic frigate and just build a raft! :D

10 hours ago, Eglixus said:

Wow! What a visually stunning build! From every angle this ship looks superb. The sheer level of detail you've gone to is insane, particularly with the interior areas like the gun deck, armoury and rear cabins - it makes this ship seem so functional and lived in. And operational broadsides, what can I say but awesome!

Thank you for sharing this on the workshop, very inspirational. That said, you've also entirely put me off my own attempts at ship building. :P I think I'll scrap the idea of an Napoleonic frigate and just build a raft! :D

Thank you for your kind words. I'd love to see a Napoleonic frigate from you!

Great work. As a big player of Sea Of Thieves , can't wait to sail with friends in this crazy Ship ;D thx.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 7/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, Bob Salvador said:

Great work. As a big player of Sea Of Thieves , can't wait to sail with friends in this crazy Ship ;D thx.

thank you! now if only we had attachable rowboats!

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2019 at 8:58 PM, CAIROGYPTIAN72 said:

probably a noob question but how exactly do you download stuff from the wrokshop ?! this ship is gorgeous !

happy to help since they don't make it clear.
jump into the editor in-game, go to compositions, click the downloaded tab and the "get compositions" then just search it and download from there!

On 7/19/2019 at 5:10 PM, Harry Pines said:

happy to help since they don't make it clear.
jump into the editor in-game, go to compositions, click the downloaded tab and the "get compositions" then just search it and download from there!

Is there a way to get this into a sandbox world?

On 12/6/2019 at 10:17 PM, GamingKomandant said:

Is there a way to get this into a sandbox world?

Yes. 

1. Do what @Harry Pines wrote above you to get the composition.

2. Create a sandbox world, unless you haven't already.

3. Enter the editor and open a map.

4. Once inside a map in the editor, open up a new game from the top left drop-down menu.

5. In the window that appears, the middle button says "games". It's a toggle button which switches from editor scenarios and explore/sandbox games. Click it to view your explore/sandbox games. Open your desired save.

6. Place your composition wherever you like and save. 

7. Exit the editor and open your sandbox map like normal. The same procedure works for regular explore games as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I may have to correct myself here. I couldn't seem to find the composition in the workshop....it may still be there but after doing some searching I could not find it.

I did find a video on youtube that was uploaded 5 days ago featuring the ship so it may be there somewhere. Perhaps it is called something different in the workshop?

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

Hi! how possible is it to get this beauty on the current workshop? I really like the design and i must build it for my adventures!

• Like 1

Hopefully not Necro-posting, but I I finally caught some notifications in my inbox and released a version into the current workshop with the game-breaking elements removed and the items stripped down for players' own adventures. the bark wasn't perfect as I don't really have the time to get back into Ylands at the moment, but hopefully, it's something for people to enjoy!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry Pines said:

Hopefully not Necro-posting, but I I finally caught some notifications in my inbox and released a version into the current workshop with the game-breaking elements removed and the items stripped down for players' own adventures. the bark wasn't perfect as I don't really have the time to get back into Ylands at the moment, but hopefully, it's something for people to enjoy!

You are totally allowed to rez your own posts! Fantastic ship by the way, I just looked it up on the blueprint shop. Are you on the Ylands Discord server? You could post some screenshots of it there and I'm sure it will gain a lot of attention! 

• Like 1

Fantastic ship, a huge huge thanks to yo for completing all the tricky pieces to the build. For ever in his dept!
Looking forward to fitting it out and hitting the high seas.sh1p2.thumb.png.91281e84807cf2da98fc0ba752870306.png

• Fire 1