Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

What would you change about survival servers?

I want to make an amazing survival server that fixes a lot of common issues people have. 

What is one feature you would love to see in a custom-survival map. 

Ideas: 

1) Sleep using command. //sleep forces all to sleep until morning. 

2) Auto-trash clean up

3) Unbreakable spawn 
4) Starter kit
5) Troll traps that lock up thieves
6) Abandoned AFK people moved out 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

return of the  /who  command to see   whose  lurking...

markers to indicate on spawn  whose base is on what island ...  

starter kit to include a one off key to a  chest containing  dinghy construction materials so a   new arrival  can  craft a  dinghy  and explore.... if they opt  not to use the  "uber" chairs

admins to have  access to  day/night  controls ...such as the "gun"  ( that was cool!)...

maybe additional  npc's  with  stuff to help new  starters  establish.

will probably  think of  more when   brain gets   revived  with  some morning  coffee..   :)

Slowly respawning plants/seeds/ore, to keep maps playable over a long time, also makes it impossible for people to have a "monopoly" over certain resources,

Proper admin features, to prevent griefing etc, and where done, revert the damage,

Multiple barriers possible, and a way for barriers to decay/despawn with some tax system. This removes dead bases and random crap on spawn island,

Tools to make items you placed unpickable, and revert this process,

The options to set up a trader, and some form of "market search".

@kimbuck The /who command does still work. It's just that the chat command forcs a space at w. delete the space and continue who. You can also see the same info by hitting esc and viewing it in a menu.

19 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I want to make an amazing survival server that fixes a lot of common issues people have. 

What is one feature you would love to see in a custom-survival map. 

Ideas: 

1) Sleep using command. //sleep forces all to sleep until morning. 

2) Auto-trash clean up

3) Unbreakable spawn 
4) Starter kit
5) Troll traps that lock up thieves
6) Abandoned AFK people moved out 

?1) Great idea, but can't this be abused to make plants like Sisal Agave to grow?
?2) 100%,  but must be limited to items dropped by a player, also I'd add that it should be limited in scope, what if a player wants to make items for other users? Are these items then considered "trash"? For things like resin and bark, I would wholly agree though. 
?4)  I found this very useful, especially the seed packet box, maybe add an herb bag?
?6) I work so don't have a lot of time per week to spend playing, but I am typically on at least once per week. Any abandoned/AFK kicking should be subject to a reasonable time limit. 

18 hours ago, kimbuck said:

return of the  /who  command to see   whose  lurking...

markers to indicate on spawn  whose base is on what island ...  

starter kit to include a one off key to a  chest containing  dinghy construction materials so a   new arrival  can  craft a  dinghy  and explore.... if they opt  not to use the  "uber" chairs

admins to have  access to  day/night  controls ...such as the "gun"  ( that was cool!)...

maybe additional  npc's  with  stuff to help new  starters  establish.

will probably  think of  more when   brain gets   revived  with  some morning  coffee..   :)

?I support the dinghy and key idea.

16 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

Slowly respawning plants/seeds/ore, to keep maps playable over a long time, also makes it impossible for people to have a "monopoly" over certain resources,

Proper admin features, to prevent griefing etc, and where done, revert the damage,

Multiple barriers possible, and a way for barriers to decay/despawn with some tax system. This removes dead bases and random crap on spawn island,

Tools to make items you placed unpickable, and revert this process,

The options to set up a trader, and some form of "market search".

??Respawning plants/seeds/ore is probably tops on my wishlist! Also, some ores are under-represented (salt peter, sulphur, coal)

Multiple barriers/despawn would be great if possible, but let me clarify why. I like to build things and would love to "move out" once I've built what I wanted (opening it up for someone else to move in), but as the protective barrier is currently configured, it can be turned off, but not moved.