Sign in to follow this  
Marci Magyar

Dev Diary #84

Hey there ylanders,

The suffocating and scorching heat cannot keep us from the developing the game - we are chugging along the unknown path that will lead us (and you) to update 0.14, that is shaping up to be something truly spectacular. We can't wait to tell you more, but the time is not right just yet...

So for this week' Dev Diary, we are taking a step back from all the crazy features, mechanics, changelogs and trailers we have been showcasing recently and going to chill a little (but will return with out regular scheduled programming soon enough, don't worry).

We went around the office, found a "lucky" "volunteer" and asked him questions that could be only be asked (and answered) in 40 degrees (Celsius) heat.

So without further ado, please enjoy the first episode of our "Meet the Team Summer Edition 2019 eXtreme".

Please introduce yourself

Hi, I am Martin and I am one of the animators in our Ylands team.

What's your official job title

I am an animator.

What's your imaginary job title

"Do your best, re-do it later" (ed.: imaginary job, title would be water slide tester)

What's the last thing you've added to Ylands

I am working on animations for animals with the new AI. 

What's your favourite item in Ylands and why

A war hammer. I like to smack things around with heavy attack.  (ed.: don't we all...)

Would you rather live with a crab sized bear or a bear sized crab

Crab sized bear. It would look like a cute angry hamster.

IMG_20190628_140811.jpg

Martin thinking about his answers while definitely not getting bribed to appear on the first episode of Meet the Team Summer Edition 2019 eXtreme

Send in YOUR questions for the next "lucky" candidate and we'll make sure they all get answered! Until then...

...stay classy (and cool) ylanders and have an amazing weekend!

• Like 2

Did you ever have a crush on a character from a cartoon/anime/video game? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So this Dev Diary contains practically nothing about the game? Gocha.

Also, a bear sized crab would be a horror animal, and practically a walking tank.

Edited by Sapioit-a933737c585f579d

On 7/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, Sapioit-a933737c585f579d said:

So this Dev Diary contains practically nothing about the game? Gocha.

Also, a bear sized crab would be a horror animal, and practically a walking tank.

Unless you count learning some silly (and not so silly) facts about someone who works countless hours on the game you enjoy and play and otherwise would have never know he exists...yes, I guess it had nothing to do with the game.

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:55 PM, Marci Magyar said:

Unless you count learning some silly (and not so silly) facts about someone who works countless hours on the game you enjoy and play and otherwise would have never know he exists...yes, I guess it had nothing to do with the game.

Yeah, I think there should be a different category for this kind of posts. I think it would help more with getting to know the devs and getting in touch with the devs.
Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated!

Since I'm already here, let me ask: Does the dev team know they're alienating a very big chunk of the player base by not having a fully-functioning first person camera (which helps a lot with immersion, PVP and other play styles)? There are a lot of complaints about this issue over on the game's Steam discussions area.

Edited by Sapioit-a933737c585f579d