Sign in to follow this  
Ninjato7

Can't turn ship/Not computer or book related

Question

So, I finally build my ship and find a new island. I park it kind of close so I don't have to swim so far. This may have been a mistake as I'm sure the water was shallow. Well, I go into disassembly mode so I can change one thing. Lo and behold, disassembly mode automatically removes virtually everything you built on the ship destroying hours of work. I wish this was clearly stated; it essentially means if you wanted to tweak one thing after leaving assembly mode you have to completely start from scratch. 

Well if that weren't enough, after I do this my ship won't turn. I don't know if it's because I'm in shallow shoreline water, or if the disassembly mode broke something but my ship will not turn at all. To reiterate, I did not pick up any computer or book, and every help I try to find always mentions that, so I've got something new. My sails work fine but I can't turn, so my ship is essentially useless and I don't want to spend hours building another one. 

Hopefully someone has a solution. Thanks in advance!

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

4 hours ago, Ninjato7 said:

So, I finally build my ship and find a new island. I park it kind of close so I don't have to swim so far. This may have been a mistake as I'm sure the water was shallow. Well, I go into disassembly mode so I can change one thing. Lo and behold, disassembly mode automatically removes virtually everything you built on the ship destroying hours of work. I wish this was clearly stated; it essentially means if you wanted to tweak one thing after leaving assembly mode you have to completely start from scratch. 

Well if that weren't enough, after I do this my ship won't turn. I don't know if it's because I'm in shallow shoreline water, or if the disassembly mode broke something but my ship will not turn at all. To reiterate, I did not pick up any computer or book, and every help I try to find always mentions that, so I've got something new. My sails work fine but I can't turn, so my ship is essentially useless and I don't want to spend hours building another one. 

Hopefully someone has a solution. Thanks in advance!

Hi. Currently, after the update, ships seem to have problems about building. You shouldn't loose all the work. Normally you can disassemble it and add or remove new construction and assemble again, as many times you want...

But.. 

Sometimes it gets bugged. It is a bug that players are reporting  About ship not turning, try to log out and login back to the server. 

Refer to  my ship construction woes   thread  ;(

Lots  are reporting this  issue.... but  some  have no problems.

There's obviously  some   bug  in the way you build  a ship ... 

guess we have to wait  until  the process is  clarified and  explained  or  fixed...

also ... once you get a  "wonky"  ship   there is no way to delete it ....   and it  ends up    blocking your  harbor ..all you can do is  fit a helm,  anchor and a small sail and  try to sail it out  into the open  sea then abandon it ....it  will not  turn,  just go straight ahead.  I even tried a powder  keg  ( unsuccessfully ) to  destroy  one  such  faulty  hull ...   the  US  navy would  love to have  invincible  hulls  like that for its  ships!:D

Yeah I had the same things happen.  Disassemble destroyed everything on the ship except the steering wheel and the sails, even the front and back of the ships and then it never turned again.