Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Enthusiasm to play Ylands diminishes 3 days after each update.

When a new update  arrives there is a surge of   enthusiasm,  and the  new items   and  fixes are greatly appreciated and enjoyed.

But after three days,  bugs appear... either old ones reappear or others  that have not been fixed  becoming  more  obvious, or the  new   "fixes"  and  inclusions  fixing  a lot of  things,  break other things!

So  after a  short period of  time,  the player  runs into something that renders the  game  unplayable  or  causes it  to stagnate.

The   new friendships  update  is  a great  innovation... the  game   needed it and it is a game  saver,

BUT ....  

Ships are now  broken.  And there's a  swathe of  other  things disrupting the   game  that other  players  have  mentioned  ..and   there has  been  no acknowledgement or  response.

So ... now   i  will  twiddle my thumbs ...or  look for  some other game to  play .....  while   waiting for a  future   Ylands "hotfix"  or  update.

When will that be?  no one seems   to  know...

But i  hope its  soon ...  the   game is  fun, and it   is getting better,   BUT.... ?????

Just hang in there :)

Even if sometimes it might look like we are not listening...we are, really.

We are aware of the issues, big and small, and are doing our best to fix them and deliver the best possible experience for you.

0.13 changed a lot of underlying systems, and it was expected that it will cause...ripples. We still believe it was an important and necessary step, to bring the game, ultimately to a stage where you can say "enthusiasm to eat and go out still haven't appeared after 3 days of launching ylands 1.0".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Marci Magyar said:

Just hang in there :)

Even if sometimes it might look like we are not listening...we are, really.

We are aware of the issues, big and small, and are doing our best to fix them and deliver the best possible experience for you.

0.13 changed a lot of underlying systems, and it was expected that it will cause...ripples. We still believe it was an important and necessary step, to bring the game, ultimately to a stage where you can say "enthusiasm to eat and go out still haven't appeared after 3 days of launching ylands 1.0".

Great answer :D 

I also feel once it launches the amount of new people making cool mini-games and such will be huge. There will be endless fun!

Yes, we're still enduring the difficult growth process.  Eventually there will be more custom game modes, public and private servers of various kinds, and lots more to do in the game.

I keep myself engaged for now by giving myself a challenge every time I start a new Explore map.  Recently it has included doing as much as I can without leaving the starting island, and building my base at the spawn.  One from a few months ago was to build an underground base that was almost invisible from above ground.  (The only sign of the base was the protective barrier and a ladder going down into a hole.  And that base was large enough to grow tall conifers inside of it.)

@Marci Magyar part of the issue continues to be the lack of co.communication. @Aleš Ulm told us after the debacle of the 0.11 release, that a lesson was learned to communicate better. That hasn't happened.

All we want us to know thst we aren't reporting into the void.  We want to know we aren't wasting our time.

I think we all realize that early release means bugs and problems. At least @Ane does thank us for our reports occasionally.  

But when we see bugs that were reported and documented not fixed in subsequent patches, it feels like you aren't listening.

Just acknowledge that the report is seen and maybe even assigned to someone to fix.

7 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

@Marci Magyar part of the issue continues to be the lack of co.communication. @Aleš Ulm told us after the debacle of the 0.11 release, that a lesson was learned to communicate better. That hasn't happened.

All we want us to know thst we aren't reporting into the void.  We want to know we aren't wasting our time.

I think we all realize that early release means bugs and problems. At least @Ane does thank us for our reports occasionally.  

But when we see bugs that were reported and documented not fixed in subsequent patches, it feels like you aren't listening.

Just acknowledge that the report is seen and maybe even assigned to someone to fix.

What I can tell you is this: we ARE seeing every single report and making sure they are catalogued and dealt with.

We might not act on them immediately, and it might seem that we just disregard them - releasing an update that has nothing to with your concerns, but please keep one thing in mind: long before your reports come in, we already have a (very packed) plan on what to deliver, how and when. That of course, IS affected by your input, but only to a certain degree. This is not because your input is less valuable (on the contrary) but if we allow ourselves to stray from the roadmap we've set out...you probably wouldn't see 1.0 for a very long time.

Is this ideal? No...not really, but this is the truth. 

On a more positive note: there will come a time, when our focus will be almost exclusively making sure the game is up to your standards (aka. polishing phase). So until then, just please give us the benefit of a doubt, and trust us - we ARE listening.

Game development is not easy process.

Sure  it can be hard not to get discouraged by constant  issues and bugs, but this game's developers seems to  be  deeply caring about it's community.
And I can tell that community of this game is the best one , I have ever seen .

If you have positive people around , some bugs can be even source of entertainment.

For example:

I created a custom street lamps which contained bamboo seeds xD I placed many of them to a large editor map. One day I just opened the map and baboos growned up so all the lamps had fancy  hats :D:D:D

Another day we were playing around with ships and every time I'd get hit by cannon I was teleported to the SKY! I mean I
laughed so hard and I keep these as good memories ! :D

What I wanted to say by this is that things are not  only  black and white, its all about colors!  and so far there are more positives than negatives . This game has a great future and it's totally worth  to wait for it.

So I'm gonna just trust the team. Hope you are with me !!

Edited by FavoryPluto
  • Haha 1

@FavoryPluto Agreed. Coding anything and especially such a vast game is hard and takes a lot of time. I can totally see why the devs wanna finish all the features first and then focus on fixing stuff.
The game has grown a lot since I first played it. Yeah it's not perfect yet but let's not forget that there are buggier releases coming even from huge AAA game studios. We just have to hang in there.

1 hour ago, FavoryPluto said:

I created a custom street lamps which contained bamboo seeds xD I placed many of them to a large editor map. One day I just opened the map and baboos growned up so all the lamps had fancy  hats :D:D:D

I did something similar in one of my Explore games.  I planted a tall tree, then placed a blue crystal on top of it.  When the tree grew, the crystal was inside of it, and the tree had a faint blue glow.  It was pretty neat.

@Indomitus Thats cool ! It actually gave me interesting design idea ,which Im gonna go realize right now ! :D:D  Also your challenges sound fun. I'd love to see your undergroud base.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:54 AM, Indomitus said:

I did something similar in one of my Explore games.  I planted a tall tree, then placed a blue crystal on top of it.  When the tree grew, the crystal was inside of it, and the tree had a faint blue glow.  It was pretty neat.

Hmm, that would make a cool effect :D