Sign in to follow this  
Marci Magyar

Dev Diary #85

Hey there ylanders...this was not the best post to write and it was done with a heavy heart.

So please, stay awhile and listen for this Dev Diary - from Ane - for the last time.

---

Hi there fellow ylanders,

I'm not sure how to begin this post, because after 2369 posts on this forum... this is going to be my last one.

I've been working on Ylands pretty much since the project took shape (there wasn't even a community back in the day, as the game wasn't even public)... and let me tell you, it's been a hell of a ride!

It's been nice to slowly build our little community, and what makes me the proudest is that (except for a very few exceptions here and there), everyone has always been so helpful and kind.

I can only but thank you for the laughs, for your patience, and for believing in this little game that we call Ylands, that has really taken shape thanks to you! :)

It's been a pleasure to read you every day, and remember - things can only get better from here!

---

From my end - let me thank Ane for all the hard work, passion and love she had put into the game AND the community around it. Ylands literally wouldn't be the same without her - and she will be sorely missed.

BUT on a brighter note, I can tell you from a trustworthy source that she is all good and pursuing her dreams, so weep not ylanders.

And for a grand finale, please enjoy Ane's answers to the silly questions from last week - something you all seem to like and enjoy immensely!

--

Please introduce yourself

If you're reading this forum post and you don't know what I do... you're probably new :D

What was your official job title

I've been the Ylands Community Manager for the last 4 years (and 2 months!)

What's your imaginary job title

In my mind, I wanna be the person responsible for preventing ice-creams to melt down.

What's the last thing you've added to Ylands

If we're talking about Ylands as a game... probably some of the texts in the game, as I was also proofreading the English text and translating the game into Spanish :)

What's your favourite item in Ylands and why

I'm gonna say the potato grenade... because I love me some randomness (but Mr. Winston will always have a special place in my heart)

Would you rather paint the beach pink or beach the pink paint?

29d84ebd16ad97cb81d0a2fa2e51d8e9.jpg

This is me in my newly painted pink beach! (provided by the paint gun, ofc)

What are your final words of wisdom to the Ylands community

Drink water, eat your veggies, and stay classy!

---

That's it for now,  stay classy ylanders and have an amazing weekend!

• Thanks 8
  • Upvote 1

@Ane it was a pleasure to have you as a manager. You have always been listening, I could to ask you anything and I'm sure it's the same for all other members.
Oh, and you were also very nice :)
I wish you the best for the future!

Ane, you will be missed.  You have always been so patient, kind and helpful.  Best wishes in your future endeavors.

• Downvote 1

we will miss you @Ane
It was always very nice to talk to you.

I wish you much luck in everything.

Un brindis para ti y tu nueva aventura ?

Thank you guys! ❤️

I will keep lurking on the forum, so don't misbehave! :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Don't know what to say @Ane........ it has been a awesome ride with you as community manager all those years! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication trying to solve each and every problem for the community, you were the backbone for the entire community! I am sure you will have a great future ahead of you! 

I wish you all the best! 

Melle

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 12:52 PM, Marci Magyar said:

In my mind, I wanna be the person responsible for preventing ice-creams to melt down.

On 7/6/2019 at 6:07 AM, Ane said:

I will keep lurking on the forum, so don't misbehave! :P

Well, so much for my plans to melt down all the ice cream.

• Haha 1