Sign in to follow this  
MyPa553ng3r

Ships disassembly

Question

Explore mode, on P1 PVE Server.  Built a ship, forgot a rope ladder to top deck, disassembled the ship.  All the construction blocks on ship hull moved 100+ blocks along the X axis.  Reassembled and disassembled again, the blocks moved another 100+ blocks away, out of render distance.  Tried to rebuild the ship, but all the blocks are still attached to ship hull, and I can not build anything on it.  The ship hull still sees the blocks, buy my character doesn't. 

log_clean.txt

log.txt

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sailing on a game about islands and sailing.  Why should the ships be expected to work? 

A hotpatch to fix? Nah, let's just wait til the next big update.

Sorry devs. I'm a bit salty over this. It is well reported, logs being provided. But not so much as an as acknowledgement that you even see the posts reporting.

I spent about 10 hours over the last few days getting a new map ready. Less than an hour in and there is as broken ship.

Not impressed. And at this point, not recommending this game either.

Note  that i am being  silent .  I have  reported and sent logs about this  issue  ...and   find its not worth it when  there's nothing happening in response.  People are asking me in private if "do you think the  game is  going to continue, or have they abandoned it? "   ...as we are getting little  to  no feedback and  some are getting  edgy about the   games future..

It's like they don't know they have an "under review" button. But then, it would have to be under review.  I'm not convinced it is.  It was broken before 0.13

Yeah, unfortunately, this bug makes playing the game with any sort of creativity towards shipbuilding literally impossible. That was one of my favorite mechanics of this game, and now without it, I find the game totally unplayable. Attached is a video of this bug wreaking havoc upon my half-finished boat. Watch, and strengthen your anger for them not explaining why it happens or when they will fix it!!!

ShipBeGone.zip

Sadly, it  seems that you will have to do a new ship. I can confirm that the  hotfix  does not  apply to ships already affected  and all you can do at this  stage is push it to  the shore with another ship  and leave it. Have  fun watching griefers  try to steal it :D