Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

On death respawn to first island

Question

I have reported this in-game twice.  I just want to give a heads up to other players in case it's a new/old feature.

I was playing MP PVE  explore map on my locked BI server.  I died on tundra and it respawned me back to the first island.  This happened twice in the same game.  It makes it hard to commit to building on any other island. 

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I think I remember seeing in another thread that only the Explore mode maps have the full spawn logic.  An Explore style map generated from the Editor only has 1 spawn point to start.  More would have to be added, probably plus the "respawn at nearest point" logic, to make it behave more like a regular Explore map.

Yep, said by Houp I think. 

In a normal explore mode, if you die, you are re-spawned at the nearest yland (if you're in water) or in the actual yland you died.

But for generated maps from editor, player will always be re-spawned to the spawn point logic. And that is an issue that should be fixed

It would be nice for it to be an option.  I can see both ways being useful depending on the kind of server.