Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #90

Hey there fellow ylanders,  

I am sure you are thinking right now “who the cock-a-doodle-doo is this handsome fellow”? Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Adam Snellgrove and I am the new Community Manager for Ylands. I am incredibly excited to meet you all and get to know you. And of course, I feel a great responsibility, because Ylands is all about community and without it, Ylands wouldn’t be the game it is today. But first, let me tell you a few boring facts about myself.  

IMG_20190808_164755.jpg
Adam Snellgrove, new Community Manager with a bad taste in clothing.

I was born in Prague to a Czech mother and an English father, so I am incompetent in both languages ? I have always had a great love for games, be it computer games, board games or sports games. I have also enjoyed acting and directing. I attended the Charles University history department and in my professional life, I have been a radio presenter at Czech Radio and journalist at the Prague Journal. And what do I play, when at home? Well except for Ylands, I am also a big fan of Grand Strategies and Historical games ?

IMG_20190808_164535.jpg
Seems, that everything is under control and no one is having a breakdown...

I am really looking forward to building this beautiful and creative community and I am especially excited to get on board at this stage of the development, with so many updates coming and so many great features around the corner.  

IMG_20190808_164552.jpg
Building bridges with the Steam reviewer community.

My goals as a community manager are numerous, but most importantly I want to be a bridge between the community and the rest of the team, not a wall. I want to hear all your great ideas and suggestions so that I can discuss them with our team, but also to address any problems you might be having. I would like to be your guy on the inside, trying to keep you in the loop about everything going on at the studio. There might also come a time when I’ll have to be the bearer of bad news, but even then, I’ll always be honest with you because this community deserves nothing less.   

You’ll be hearing of me regularly in the form of Dev Diaries, but other than that I’ll often be posting on our Social Media to keep you informed on all the exciting stuff happening here. Also in the near future, I’ll be making some ‘How to’ videos to showcase some of the awesome stuff that is possible in the ever-expanding editor. AND lookout for a new contest starting THIS Monday, so stay tuned and follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram ? Other than that I’ll be scouring the forums answering all your questions. Never hesitate to contact me. And hopefully, I’ll get to play with some of you too and try out some of the awesome games you’re all creating.  

IMG_20190808_161016.jpg
Thinking about the next Social Media post...important stuff!

So that’s all for now, but expect to hear from me soon and until then…  

stay classy ylanders! 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, A3_Melle said:

I knew it ?

Welcome to the Ylands club Adam! 

Thank you very much ? I really think it's going to be great here with you guys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Welcome aboard!  Excited to have you.  

Nice kilt.  :)

Thank you verily much ?! And the kilt needs some love ?

Great for you to become part of this community Adam! I hope you create a wonderful relationship with all members of this community.

Mind telling us which strategy games you like and what's your favourite type of coffee (or tea)? 

Edited by Igor Q.

50 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

Great for you to become part of this community Adam! I hope you create a wonderful relationship with all members of this community.

Mind telling us which strategy games you like and what's your favourite type of coffee (or tea)? 

I hope so too! ?

Strategy games: Europa Universalis IV and Crusader Kings 2.

'Historical' games: Some of the Assassins creed games (but defenitely not all) and Mount & Blade: Warband (where is M&B 2??? ?). 

Coffee? COFFEE??? Tea thank you, with milk obviously ?? And the best tea is by Professor Elemental, who's also a superb Chap Hop rapper. 

Welcome @Adam Snellgrove. :)

You don't even imagine where you are getting into.. hehehe just kidding with you. 

Nice to hear you will be active and listen to the community. 

You look like me staring at editor scripting, I feel your pain ?

Also, looking forward for those "how to" videos. 

See you around

5 hours ago, jchob said:

Welcome @Adam Snellgrove. :)

You don't even imagine where you are getting into.. hehehe just kidding with you. 

Nice to hear you will be active and listen to the community. 

You look like me staring at editor scripting, I feel your pain ?

Also, looking forward for those "how to" videos. 

See you around

Thank you for the welcome ?

'How to' videos should be coming uo after the big 0.14 update, though I don't imagine it'll teach anything new to pro's like yourself ?

See ya around

4 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

G'day Adam, welcome aboard, best of luck to you in your new position :)

Thank you very much Chief ??

Em nome de toda comunidade brasileira, seja bem vindo a essa família linda de ylands, estamos ansiosos por atualizações futuras, eventos, pode contar conosco! 

Welcome Adam!!
great to have you on board!

Iv also got a terrible sense of clothing so we starting off strong?

6 hours ago, alcemar007 said:

Em nome de toda comunidade brasileira, seja bem vindo a essa família linda de ylands, estamos ansiosos por atualizações futuras, eventos, pode contar conosco! 

Thank you for the supportive welcome and I hope I'll get to know the Brazilian community and well and hopefully I'll pick up some Portugese on the way too ? But till then Prazer em conhece-lo também ?

21 minutes ago, Oliver Hope said:

Welcome Adam!!
great to have you on board!

Iv also got a terrible sense of clothing so we starting off strong?

Great, maybe we could sometimes share notes on fashion! ... Though that might not go well ?

2 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Great, maybe we could sometimes share notes on fashion! ... Though that might not go well ?

hmm thats a possibility, maybe notes on what didnt go well? ?

• Like 1