AnsirTQ

RESOLVED "Construction Mode Required"

Question

I keep getting this error message, "Construction Mode Required" when trying to build on my boat, and I am not able to place anything.  I have my boat anchored as close as possible to shore, and I am within my protective barrier.  When I step off my ship and am standing on land I have no problem placing blocks, but on my ship it will not let me place blocks.  I am toggled in place mode the whole time.  Anyone else having this issue, or have any suggestions?

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

1 hour ago, AnsirTQ said:

I keep getting this error message, "Construction Mode Required" when trying to build on my boat, and I am not able to place anything.  I have my boat anchored as close as possible to shore, and I am within my protective barrier.  When I step off my ship and am standing on land I have no problem placing blocks, but on my ship it will not let me place blocks.  I am toggled in place mode the whole time.  Anyone else having this issue, or have any suggestions? 

I'll check with the team on Monday to see, why this could be happening. 

Go to your ship's helm, hold down E key to activate construction mode.  You can only make changes to your ship while in that mode, when the bright lines are around it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AnsirTQ said:

In case you didn't know already, you can walk up to the ship helm and toggle construction mode on and off. The ship needs to be in construction mode in order for you to modify it, and then be turned off in order to use it.

e: not sure how I missed indomitus response xD

Edited by zarwil

It worked!  Thank you for your help.  I booted the game up for the first time in a while and this must have been a change included in an update since I last played.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AnsirTQ said:

It worked!  Thank you for your help.  I booted the game up for the first time in a while and this must have been a change included in an update since I last played.

Yes, it was part of an update few months ago. Also, if you are going to make car using the chassis, you have to make the same, place a driver seat and go to it and hold E to enter/exit build mode. 

I am trying to do this on my ship.....the E key does nothing now.  How do I enter construction mode?!?!  The Wiki doesn't even tell me :(