Adam Snellgrove

Interview Ynterview #1 - Clair

Every week we'll bring you an Ynterview with a member of our Ylands team. In our first Ynterview we have approached the incredibly talented Game Designer Svjatoslava 'Clair' Raskina.

Clair Business Card.png

First off, what do you do here at the Ylands team and what’d you do before you joined? 

Hi! :) At Ylands I work as a game designer. After I left university, I worked as a receptionist in a 5* hotel for a short time, but I always knew I wanted to make games. 

How long have you worked on Ylands? What was the 1st thing you worked on when you joined? 

Almost for 3 years. I started here as a game tester. It was a very interesting experience, even though I’m now subconsciously looking for bugs in every game I play. The first feature I helped design were the game costumes. 

What do you find most exciting on Ylands in general? 

Our team! The best people I’ve ever met, seriously.  

And what is for you the most exciting feature coming in the new 0.14 update? 

The Playlands (ed. More about that in last week’s Dev Diary ? ) ! It is an amazing new feature. We’re doing our best so that our players love it. Special thanks to my fellow designers Rudolf Klenovsky and Prokop Lagner without whom this wouldn’t be possible. 

What are you working on right now? 

Now I’m working on the Codex, which will help new players quickly get used to the game, and even current players may learn something new. Also, I’m working on the Playlands. 

What do you do in your free time? 

I’m Always trying not to stay at home and to visit new places and cities. Of course, I play games on PC and mobile, draw when I have some inspiration, I am engaged in various sports and read a lot of books, especially about criminology and psychology. 

If you were brought up by animals, would you want them to be Flamingos or Moose? Why? ?  

Flamingos! I would definitely learn to keep perfect balance, standing on one leg. :D

Well, there you have it. And if you missed our 'bonus question', visit our Facebook or Instagram ?

• Like 5