Tankbuster

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-18313] DS can't load a savegame

Question

Many things might have gone wrong here..

The server monitor runs but only with the briefest flash of a CMD window, never to be seen again

So becauseI don't have a server monitor, I can't shut the server down and create a savegame. All the other savegames I've seen are named after the server, but mine is called SessionSave.ylandsgame

I've set up the server and made a world using builtin and that worked fine. But then the serverbox restarted because of Windows updates so I changed the jsonto make it load the ylands file, but the log_clean says, amongst other things

[EX] [22/08 18:16:24.92] System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Ylandfile

I'm sure the path is correct but the game server doesn't start.

json

{
  "SessionDataType" : "Ylandfile",
  "SessionData" : "C:\Ylands DS\SessionSave.ylandsgame",
  "SavePath : "C:\Ylands DS\SessionSave.ylandsgame",
  "nMaxPlayers" : 4,
  "Name" : "Yland of Eden",
  "Password" : "***",
  "OfflineImmunity" : 1
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

Oh my, well this is way out of my league ? But I'll get someone more capable to have a look at it and we'll try and get you going ASAP.

Hey, the problem you are having with the first error is that you forgot to capitalize file in YlandFile. I would also recommend renaming the folder the server is in from "Ylands DS" to "YlandsDs" as sometimes programs have issues when parsing file paths with spaces in them. As for the console window not fully opening i find that it happens when the server is already running in the background. Try opening task manager and killing the YlandsDs process. That should hopefully fix the issues you are having.

Here is what your json file should look like(Make sure you rename the "Ylands Ds" folder to "YlandsDs"):

{
  "SessionDataType" : "YlandFile",
  "SessionData" : "C:\YlandsDS\SessionSave.ylandsgame",
  "SavePath : "C:\YlandsDS\SessionSave.ylandsgame",
}

Edited by Shadow72
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, Shadow72 said:

Hey, the problem you are having with the first error is that you forgot to capitalize file in YlandFile. I would also recommend renaming the folder the server is in from "Ylands DS" to "YlandsDs" as sometimes programs have issues when parsing file paths with spaces in them. As for the console window not fully opening i find that it happens when the server is already running in the background. Try opening task manager and killing the YlandsDs process. That should hopefully fix the issues you are having.

Here is what your json file should look like(Make sure you rename the "Ylands Ds" folder to "YlandsDs"):

{
  "SessionData" : "C:\YlandsDS\SessionSave.ylandsgame",
  "SavePath : "C:\YlandsDS\SessionSave.ylandsgame",
}

Thanks for that. Getting a different error now :(

Ohh, wait. missing speechmark after SavePath. Fixed that, now

[EX] [24/08 14:03:44.04] System.Exception: Invalid input at p=203 (Ln 6, Col 28): 'den",<>
  '
+t JsonReader.NextToken (Char*, Int32, Int32, TokenValue&)
JsonReader.Next ()
JsonReader.MatchAndNext (JsonToken, String)
JsonReader.ReadCurrent ()
_WovenCode.GeneratedTypeSerialization.ylands_HeadlessServerConfig.Read (JsonReader)
JsonDynamicCodec.ReaderInvokeProxy[HeadlessServerConfig] (JsonReader, Delegate)
JsonDynamicCodec.ReadDynamic[HeadlessServerConfig] (SerializationBindingAttribute[], JsonReader)
TypedJson.ReadObject[HeadlessServerConfig] (CharSpan, SerializationContext, SerializationBindingAttribute[])
TypedJson.ReadObjectFromString[HeadlessServerConfig] (String, SerializationContext, SerializationBindingAttribute[])
ylands.DefaultHeadlessServerController.LoadConfigFile ()
Logged at
ylands.DefaultHeadlessServerController.Initialize (HeadlessServerManager)
ylands.HeadlessServerManager.EnsureStarted (String)
ylands.HeadlessServerManager+<StartHeadlessSessionCoro>d__12.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator, IntPtr)

[ER] [24/08 14:03:44.04] Failed to load server config file
+t ylands.HeadlessServerManager.QuitWithError (String)
ylands.DefaultHeadlessServerController.Initialize (HeadlessServerManager)
ylands.HeadlessServerManager.EnsureStarted (String)
ylands.HeadlessServerManager+<StartHeadlessSessionCoro>d__12.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator, IntPtr)

[IN] [24/08 14:03:44.05] DsState: Quitting

[IN] [24/08 14:03:44.05] There are no more sessions to run

[IN] [24/08 14:03:44.05] Quit requested. granted=True

[IN] [24/08 14:03:44.11] Quitting

Edited by Tankbuster

No. The monitor windows flashes up and disappears.

Log_clean

Spoiler

[IN] [29/09 17:27:06.70] RuntimeId: 0.13.1.73949 branch=0_13_0 env=bi:prod <no_platform>

[IN] [29/09 17:27:06.71] DsState: Idle

[IN] [29/09 17:27:06.72] Monitor Endpoint: 127.0.0.1:50554

[EX] [29/09 17:27:06.73] System.Exception: Invalid input at p=200 (Ln 6, Col 25): 'ame",<>
  '
+t JsonReader.NextToken (Char*, Int32, Int32, TokenValue&)

json

Spoiler

{
  "SessionData" : "C:\YlandsDS\SessionSave.ylandsgame ",
  "SavePath" : "C:\YlandsDS \SessionSave .ylandsgame",
  "Name" : "Yland Game",
}

It seems to be saying there's an invalid character at the name line in the json. Yes, I've tried without the space, no difference

Edited by Tankbuster

So the problem seems to be (and I'm only parroting what I was told ?) that you're running the Dedicated server on a several month old version. So while our QA tester has this: [IN] [01/10 08:22:55.48] RuntimeId: 0.14.0.77918 branch=0_14_0 w env=bi:prod <no_platform>In the logs it is this: 

[IN] [29/09 17:27:06.70] RuntimeId: 0.13.1.73949 branch=0_13_0 env=bi:prod <no_platform>

So updating the Dedicated server would be the first step. Using this command: steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir "path to your DS folder" +app_update 710560 -beta public_alpha -betapassword YlandsDsPublicAlpha651 validate +quit

I did update the server, but the results were the same. In the end, as I mentioned on Discord (but I haven't logged in to see if you read/replied), we decided to use some coyns to rent a little 4 slot server from inside the game. So far, that's been faultless.

• Like 1