RedEagle_P1.

Scrips break on servers

Most scripts don't function properly on servers. Example: @bojo2736  had a server in which we had a "on trigger enter, open door". So many people got locked in the spawn building we had to remove the door. 

This one script is the most simple you can do in Ylands. It works 100% of the time in single player, just not on servers. 

90% of logics like this have some issue on servers and don't work some of the time. The results range from negligible to catastrophic. 

13 hours ago, Fompster said:

I hosted a local explore type map with logics just to see what would happen and somewhere 45 minutes into the game some of the triggerzones stopped working.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Is there a known reason why this happens?

Thanks

Yep, Red has already provided us with the chance of getting the server logs from a server. But 45 minutes seems pretty fast ? Do you still have the game up?

31 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Yep, Red has already provided us with the chance of getting the server logs from a server. But 45 minutes seems pretty fast ? Do you still have the game up?

No it was just an exported map which I hosted for a bit

Hi @Fompster,

do you have also log_userscript.txt and userscript.js files? (from the time trigger zones stopped working)

10 minutes ago, Houp said:

Hi @Fompster,

do you have also log_userscript.txt and userscript.js files? (from the time trigger zones stopped working)

I had opened Ylands after that but for what its worth I continued the save just now and ran through the broken triggerzones for a bit

log_userscript.txt

_userscript.zip

Unfortunately you have probably restarted game between. :(

From output_log_clean.txt  I can see that there 2 problems in your scripts (and on our side too).

1. problem is in showing user old user UI when he enters a trigger zone in which he is created. (so probably it is not important the time from the start but connecting new players)

2. problem is in For each script in "On player disconnected" event (may be in Player role or Player team scripts)

Script of the game would help to solve the issue. (It is enough to playtest it from editor) and log_userscript.txt  after it happens again.

Does this mean that the issue of logic objects breaking is due to them not being properly scripted?

Cause it seems to be effecting other independent logics which have a one lined script and breaking those too (such as pulling the leaver and getting a transaction window)
And yes the game was restarted ?

Not sure at the moment. Surely there is problem on our side: you should never see "internal error" in your script log. This means that we did not handle some exception correctly for you.

It would help to solve the issue to have log_userscript.txt  and output_log_clean.txt   from the same game session (internal error #number -> same "random" number is paired in both logs)