RedEagle_P1.

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-18726] Stuff welded to a ship is invincible

Question

Stuff welded to a ship is invincible -- so like if I put steel blocks on my ship and assemble it has infinite health 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

So this is actually a feature. If you want to remove anything welded on a ship, you have to turn on construction mode. Otherwise, the ship gets damaged as a single object no matter where you hit it. 

19 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

So this is actually a feature. If you want to remove anything welded on a ship, you have to turn on construction mode. Otherwise, the ship gets damaged as a single object no matter where you hit it. 

Well for ship combat its a problem since you can protect your hull with undamageable blocks making ocean-combat pointless. 

But if the shot hits the 'undamageable part', it would still give the damage to the whole structure (or it should according to my understanding). So you can't just coat your ship in diamonds :D The whole ship receives damage.

On 8/26/2019 at 8:06 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

But if the shot hits the 'undamageable part', it would still give the damage to the whole structure (or it should according to my understanding). So you can't just coat your ship in diamonds :D The whole ship receives damage.

Negative, the ship is indestructible. We had a forever-ship-battle :P 

I hope you understand. with stuff like this you know you're asking me to take like 15-30 minutes to report a bug.

It would really encourage me to report more bugs and get deeper involved if you guys offered some sort of incentive to solving the issue (1 month server or something) but as-is I don't feel it would be wise for me to spend my time doing a QA's job. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

Our QA team has tried to replicate this bug many times without success. That is why we ask for output_logs and more information because every situation is so unique. Otherwise, it is like finding a needle in a haystack, because it could've been the problem of the ship, but also something could've gone wrong with the server itself or cannons or any other imaginable and unimaginable thing. Early Access is precisely done because of this, so players, who are interested in game development, help out game developers to put out the best game they can and faster for that matter. We try and make due with any old clue, but sometimes it's just not possible to find the problem without additional help. But if you feel it's not worth your time, then that is absolutely in your right to say so and do so.

• Like 1