kimbuck

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-18596] Sailing issues ...

Question

This is a repost in a new topic as suggested  by Adam .

Today   was like another  charlie chaplin   movie .. screen  freezes and re starts

I got my ship  built and  tried   sailing... whenever it was near land it was uncontrollable .. the screen   kept  freezing and when release i was either heading  to shore  or out to sea...  then   ship went into a series  of slide show  images  showing  either  no ship,  just the wake ,  bits of the ship ..or   a part assembled  ship ..or   just me with my  bottom skimming the waves.

Then  Ylands  did a  perfect  impression of a  dead  goldfish .... belly up!

Was locked on the log out  screen for 5  minutes  as the wheel of  misfortune  slowly  turned.

I managed to log  back in to find myself on the ship    full  sail towards the  end of the world ... did a 180  turn  and  eventually  mad it back to my island... but as soon as i could see the shore,   screen  once again went into freezing  fits.

Managed to  coax it towards  dock on half  sail  then  hit reverse .. screen froze .. got the   sailing back   noise  and when  scree became  active i was halfway up the beach .. but going backwards... fortunately  into  deep water.

Given up for a while  ... just toooooooooooo   frustrating.

Logs and one screenshot attached

20190904143811_1.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

fyi ..i went into the  eu server of P1 gaming .. n issues ..built a  basic  ship   4 masts  etc ...  worked well and  encountered no issues .

There was intermittent   lag bursts ...and the  hum from the  PB was   choppy..\

2  players on that server...and  some  big  bases . no  issues   really  of   importance

• Thanks 1

We have had some blueprinted ships that did not cause problems and work beautifully.  The biggest difference other than number of blocks, is the working ships used the small ship hull.  The non working both used the large ship hull. 

when u play together with a friend and download a ship to your map, as soon as you push the helm on the ship , and the ship starts to float, it starts to lag for one of the players. when u push on the helm again (now u can build again) it stops lag!

it starts to lag for one of the players. <- it does not lag for the host, if i join the host and the host pust on "the Helm on the boat" it starts to lag for me. this is not a specific to the computers or to the connection. it the coding

output_log.txt