Laiiix

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-18637] BUG: one campfire created the sun

Question

Me and my friend were on a multiplayer server, when he took his flint lighter out and lit a campfire that someone else had built prior. Upon lighting the campfire, our entire screen was covered in bright light. Our frame rate dipped to 1 Frame Per Second, my friend's computer crashed, and mine was glitched out. I couldnt get screenshots of the bright light when i was next to the campfire. I got screenshots of the campfire from far away though. It also crashed the entire server lol

Ylands_190906_195821.png

Ylands_190906_195826.png

Ylands_190906_195831.png

Edited by Laiiix
to add pics
  • Upvote 1

26 replies to this bug / suggestion

I can confirm i was his friend ;-----;

if you want to test this, put a stick down and then 5 pieces of grass, and light the stick

Edited by NoNoNumGum
  • Upvote 1

We played around with this glitch now and found the formula, 5 pieces of grass and one campfire. Also i got more pics :)

Ylands_190906_202917.png

• Upvote 1

update #4000 i let the huge one sit for a while, and it slowly died down. If you get close then you start to lag and the fireball gets a little larger, but other than that it looks a lot smaller

Ylands_190906_204057.png

If you walk on the campfire at the very small state, you fall through the world. This bug needs to be fixed asap because we crashed the entire server with 5 peices of grass a stick and a flint lighter. It could be considered a game breaking bug

• Upvote 1

UPDATE:
So it is confirmed after many tests that it only happens on 'Explore' public servers, does not work on singeplayer, or on creative

Edited by NoNoNumGum

11 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Coolest glitch in a long time!

I know right, if you put down like 20 pieces of grass and light a stick under it, I crashed an entire server, and my computer crashed too, I had to shut my pc down

Oh and one more thing, if you manage to break it by sacrificing yourself or your friend, then you get 200 wood back, so it is also a duplicating glitch, and if you walk into it after it dies down you fall through the world

WARNING: be careful when reproducing this glitch, because 20+ can cause your computer to crash, anything above 15 causes ylands to instantly crash.

11 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

This is absolutely bonkers ? We're going to try and replicate it and see, what it is that happened.

make sure you do it on a multiplayer server thats on "Explore", it doesnt work on creative or in singleplayer, me and my friend tested it

3 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Couldn't replicate it ? But we'll try again tomorrow ?

Did you have the stick and grass down first? You can't light it and then put the grass on, the grass has to be on it before you light it.

Edited by NoNoNumGum

1 minute ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Yep, did that ?

Hmm, idk, did you place a stick down? Or did you just craft a campfire via crafting menu? 

We did it by lighting a placed stick on the ground, if that doesn't work then, if your on a multiplayer game, thats 'Explore' I don't know. It also may have to be a public server and not a private multiplayer server.

Edited by NoNoNumGum

3 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

We tried both. Welp, will just have to try again tomorrow ?

Ok sorry that you couldnt remake it :(