Igor Q.

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-18649] Character cannot "lock on" while in Chair

Question

It's probably intention, but it would be something nice if they could fix.

Having a fixed camera angle and player orientation while sitting would be immensely useful for animations... such as Spaceships, Giant Robots, etc.

Additionally, having support to weld non-block entities such as chairs would also be appreciated.

@Houp

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I reported the not sitting properly in chairs months ago. With pictures and log files.  Not surprisingly, it was never acknowledged, nor addressed. 

Another few bugs:

While controlling a cannon it disables input keys.

Putting a Ship Helm, or Driver Seat as "Animated" will disable it from being usable (IE, taking control of it)

Sometimes the key buttons start to react strange when pressing multiple them at a time. I believe this is caused by keyboard limitations. Ex: I press "UP" and "Right" at the same time. When I let go of "Right" the keyboard (or game) does not register the keyboard input and and holds down "Right" even though I let go of the key.

Unfortunately I cannot make a lot of cool things due to these bugs

I'm acknowledging the chair issue and hopefully, soon I'll be able to address it.  I'll ask Aleš, if there is anything planned for this and let you know. Also thank you for the other issues reported here, but could you please make separate issues for them, so we can track them more easily? And I'll then send them on to our bug team/suggestion team ☺️