steam-76561198141670605

RESOLVED [YLD-18636] Ylands dedicated server - endless Establishing Connection

Question

26 replies to this bug / suggestion

After the update I kept getting this Establishing connection loading screen, Even after creating a new game and adding that game to server doesn't work, Pc restart, defrag, check for errors doesnt work either.

edit you know what? I give up. I'm too annoyed to do all these dxdiags and logs and what not. I'm going to try and refund the server that i bought with coyns and never play this game till at least 1.0

Edited by mushypancake

I encountered this today with P1's NA server.  I was on it earlier but was kicked when the server was taken down for a restart.  I was sailing at the time.  Now I can't connect to it again at all, I have tried several times.

It gets just past "Recalling buildings" then freezes a bit, and then:

20190908151707_1.thumb.jpg.383574481c0e241de030d9444451dcbb.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

BTW this error occurred after installing update 0.14. I had an error before this that was going to be fixed with this update. See:

Having the same problem as well since the update. re-upload of the same game and adding a new game to the dedicated server doesn't work.

I get two connection errors. One seems to be the same as this one, see:

The other relates to making a connection across our local network:

3 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

I locked my BI server game  and now can't get in due to the establishing connection problem.  

Is it still not working? We published a small sneaky hotfix couple of hours ago, that should've addressed this. 

I was finally able to log in.  Now things are working fine.  I haven't tried locking it up again, I didn't have time to deal with it.  I ended up having to build another explore map for the P1 NA server now that I could do it again. 

• Like 1

I'm unsure if this is another element of the issue, but I appear to be having similar issues joining a multiplayer server post-hotfix.

I seem to be trapped in an infinite loading screen which seems to be stuck on the "Recalling Buildings 100%" element. I've searched for similar occurrences and this seems to be one that's been lurking for the last 12 months. It is potentially game breaking and can spoil players enjoyment after investing so much time on a project.

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

I was finally able to log in.  Now things are working fine.  I haven't tried locking it up again, I didn't have time to deal with it.  I ended up having to build another explore map for the P1 NA server now that I could do it again. 

Good to hear and I'll try and ask around about locked servers and why that wouldn't start up properly.

• Thanks 1

Yes it's still occouring on a couple of servers I've visited. The only thing I can think of (aside from playing for 6 straight hours! ;) ) is that I used a number of my own blueprints to test out modular construction.

If it helps, I was trying to access MisterLous Explore server. I also experienced similar issues on a P1 server a few months ago.

10 minutes ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

If it helps, I was trying to access MisterLous Explore server. I also experienced similar issues on a P1 server a few months ago.

Could you please also supply the output_logs when it happens? We can't reproduce it yet, but maybe we're missing something...

hello, I am also currently having the same problem