Indomitus

Image sprites in the new HUD

First I want to say I'm really enjoying the new HUD so far.  I've started reworking a couple of my work-in-progress game modes with it to make the UI look so much better.

The selection of sprites seems a little light, though.  There are a few repeats in the list (hearts appear twice) and while designing my UI, I noticed a couple of general concepts not represented.  I'm sure there are plans to add more; I just wanted to start this thread for any specific requests I or other creators might have.

1.  "Clock/timer" - something to indicate a timer or clock image

2.  "Feather/Wings/Bird" - something to indicate flight or the ability to fly

3.  something to indicate speed or a speed boost/buff

4.  images that could represent each of the basic character actions, such as digging, jumping, or crafting

Some sprites suggestions...

Animal heads: wolf, rabbit, etc

Potion, Wood, Hammer, Arrows, Bow, 

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Like 1

Can you also make them vector images to prevent them from blurring when you enlarge the images?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fompster_P1 said:

Can you also make them vector images to prevent them from blurring when you enlarge the images?

I think theirs some problem with memory on that front, but I'll ask. 

The new system is great, you can do very good things.
But if some things are missing.
* full circle figure without blur
* be able to scale grouped images all at once
* an item like a scrol bar list can be very useful too

22 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

I think theirs some problem with memory on that front, but I'll ask. 

Thanks

And one more thing would it also be possible to add a feature to rotate the sprites?

• Upvote 1

What about the ability to upload, or link, our own images/sprites?

Obviously, I'm aware that some people will take advantage of that, and upload, or link to, less than savory images.
But, that's what the report button is for, right?

I do believe the pros outweighs the cons.

I mean, there's a reason you can pretty much upload your avatar to pretty much any community site, right?
Even this forum. In fact, looks like I could upload anything I wanted to.

Just as a reference point, if someone where to use that argument to not let us add our own sprites.

Considering the abuses we see in regular online play, I think you're underestimating the ways that would be abused.

The people who are on this forum are a small and relatively mature part of the overall player base, especially now that the game is a full release and is free to play.  The two are not really comparable.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:24 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

So I'm told a lot more sprites are in the process of being added in the future and definitely by update 0.15 ?

Any news on this? I would love more sprites...

Especially to be able to rotate sprites at an angles

Edited by Igor Q.

The UI guys are telling me adding new sprites is very taxing and adds a lot to the memory build-up, but when we have less big feature things to push in updates, I'll try and lobby for this properly ?

Could we at least push for a special widget to allow us to display entity icons?  (I'm pretty sure this was already requested elsewhere, though I can't remember where.)  Those images are already in the game, and it would be nice to be able to add them to a custom HUD or window.  Add a tile to set the image through script (using the Entity Type enumerator) and we could do a lot with that.

• Upvote 1