Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

Dynamic Terrain

I see there is an option for turning off the dynamic terrain in the map setup options.  Is it possible to use it only in specified areas?  But leave it on for the main part of the map?  I understand it might require scripting, but is it possible?  And how would one do this?

Edited by bojo2736

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

I see there is an option for turning off the dynamic terrain in the map setup options.  Is it possible to use it only in specified areas?  But leave it on for the main part of the map?  I understand it might require scripting, but is it possible?  And how would one do this?

I think right now its only map-wide. 

46 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

But think of the possibilities! I already love the option of turning off interactions.

Yes, I would love to have region-specific dynamic terrain. It would be awesome :D. Especially if we can assign it to one player. 

@Houp

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

One suggestion to how they could make an idea like this work somewhat easily:  Introduce a second type of Protective Barrier.  It would be Editor-only, and allow for configuring what players can or can't do while inside it.  Meaning we could allow the players to build in and around it, allow their barriers to overlap it, but we could turn off things like digging, looting bushes, picking plants, sawing trees, or things like that, for anyone inside it.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Indomitus said:

One suggestion to how they could make an idea like this work somewhat easily:  Introduce a second type of Protective Barrier.  It would be Editor-only, and allow for configuring what players can or can't do while inside it.  Meaning we could allow the players to build in and around it, allow their barriers to overlap it, but we could turn off things like digging, looting bushes, picking plants, sawing trees, or things like that, for anyone inside it.

That would be awesome. That said I would prefer if it could not just be randomly placed but set in pre-set locations and buyable.