Indomitus

RESOLVED [YLD-17553] Breathing trees (minor animation error)

Question

Just made my way to an Arid island on my local map, and noticed that one of the Palm trees, instead of swaying side-to-side in the wind, expands and contracts, and looks like it's breathing.  (Pretty sure it's just deforming in the wrong direction.)

I've only found one type of tree that does it (so far).  It's the palm with 2 separate trunks, and it looks like it's affecting every one of that type.  This one I'm standing at in this shot:

Ylands_190911_205733.thumb.png.e0fe59f4c435455df12b08075d04dffb.png

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

In my new Explore map, started after the update, those trees are still "breathing."

I noticed something interesting while capturing the video:  The tree I approached had Palm Tree Seeds that I could collect.  Before I collected them, the tree behaved normally.  After I collected the seeds, it began to expand and contract.

I don't see the "breathing."  But all plants have animation.  Just plant a flower inside.

2 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

I don't see the "breathing."  But all plants have animation.  Just plant a flower inside.

Watch the end of the video, after I take the seeds.  Starting at about 40 seconds.  The trunks start to expand and contract, like it's breathing.

Okey, this was my bad. I understood our fixers incorrectly. It is fixed, but will be present in update 1.3. I just got prematurely excited ?