Fompster

UI Tools Suggestions

Hey,

Here are some things which I think the new UI tools are missing:

~ The parent tabs open up each time the editor map is reloaded, it is time consuming and annoying to close them all up or to find where you left off. Could it be made that they remember their states or are all closed by  default
~ When right clicking widget which is low down the list, the bottom part of the menu is cut off. I have so many tabs that sometimes closing all of them doesnt help

20190915004432_1.jpg.95df9fbb189496726ce6384a6205fa03.jpg

~ Can the widget ID be easier to find when using this tile (eg. removing the widgets which come from other UI's when selecting the logic)

20190915005044_1.jpg.4dc96b799e8324001ad220ac6c77b2bd.jpg

Edited by Fompster

To add to this list..
Can we make it possible to use numbers to recall Widget ID's?

Can we make text size easier to modify using a number system and within the script? (and not small, medium, large)

13 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

To add to this list..

Can we make text size easier to modify using a number system and within the script? (and not small, medium, large)

There is a tile to reference the Widget using its position offset from its parent item.  GET CHILD lets you link to the parent widget, but retrieve the child widget #1, or #2, or #3, and so on, to use it or modify it.  I already have that built into some code for a list I want to show onscreen, coming from an array.

Using the absolute ID number would probably be more of a pain than using the names.

• Thanks 1

Another Suggestion:

Please add an event for "On Close" for custom windows.
Allow us to disable closing custom windows.

Edited by Igor Q.

On 9/15/2019 at 12:53 AM, Fompster said:

Hey,

Here are some things which I think the new UI tools are missing:

~ The parent tabs open up each time the editor map is reloaded, it is time consuming and annoying to close them all up or to find where you left off. Could it be made that they remember their states or are all closed by  default
~ When right clicking widget which is low down the list, the bottom part of the menu is cut off. I have so many tabs that sometimes closing all of them doesnt help

~ Can the widget ID be easier to find when using this tile (eg. removing the widgets which come from other UI's when selecting the logic)

- We have logged these issues and we will see if we can squeeze them in to 0.15

- Widget ID filtering works when you are scripting inside corresponding UI Layout -> widgets of that layout are put first. However outside of that game logic we cannot ensure this, because of technical limitations ?

On 9/17/2019 at 2:21 AM, Igor Q. said:

To add to this list..

- Actually widget IDs are just numbers so it should work

- Text sizes are pre-defined and hard-coded in the game, because for each size there is a different font atlas (practically its different font, it just looks same). Having more fonts sizes would increase game memory load. Benefit of predefined sizes is that custom UIs will look more unified, it will scale properly on all resolutions and there will be ensured readability on any device.

5 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

Another Suggestion:

Please add an event for "On Close" for custom windows.
Allow us to disable closing custom windows.

- Both already logged as bug :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rudy.cz said:

- We have logged these issues and we will see if we can squeeze them in to 0.15

- Widget ID filtering works when you are scripting inside corresponding UI Layout -> widgets of that layout are put first. However outside of that game logic we cannot ensure this, because of technical limitations ?

- Actually widget IDs are just numbers so it should work

- Text sizes are pre-defined and hard-coded in the game, because for each size there is a different font atlas (practically its different font, it just looks same). Having more fonts sizes would increase game memory load. Benefit of predefined sizes is that custom UIs will look more unified, it will scale properly on all resolutions and there will be ensured readability on any device.

- Both already logged as bug :)

U da best

• Like 2

Would it be possible to add an image widget that can display Entity images?  (the icons that appear in inventory, the hot bar, etc)  And able to change which image it displays through code?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just realized this, would it be possible to also input the widget location in the script editor?

I want to be able to insert a grid into a custom window, however I want it to be varying depending on the number of players and the number of scenarios.

Ex:

image.thumb.png.229e81dafd8e49a2705ed5020d24748e.png

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 2:11 AM, Igor Q. said:

Just realized this, would it be possible to also input the widget location in the script editor?

I want to be able to insert a grid into a custom window, however I want it to be varying depending on the number of players and the number of scenarios.

Ex:

image.thumb.png.229e81dafd8e49a2705ed5020d24748e.png

Can't you get the widget child order for that? It would be like what is called a "matrix array", "matrice" or just "multidimensional array". 

Mustidimensional arrays works in a way, that you check the *line* and also the *row* (it's like a table where you have rows and lines) 

Edited by jchob