Miguel Preguisa

How to work with the new UI tools?

I'm a little lost in the whole thing. For example, how do you change a text displayed in some of the custom HUD? I found this but it doesn't seem to work with the Custom HUD game logic. Nothing like "UI panel" seems to exist in the game. The wiki isn't very helpful to me around Editor. Also, what is the difference between Custom window and Custom HUD? And one bonus question. How do you make a dynamic time shown? There used to be some game logic made on the Workshop but it doesn't work anymore. Thanks a lot.

• Downvote 1

Custom Window is a window that will pop up and can be closed, similar to opening up an internet page and exiting on the top right.

Custom hud stays active all the time unless you disable it using logic.

Both are considered to be "Custom UI"

To edit text, you need to recall the item using the Widget Editor
image.thumb.png.802756daaff887767e213c55ad6f89f0.png

Widget ID can be found as a click-search function OR by checking your Widget ID in the Custom UI

image.png.a8cda0146b87edcd72399429fddf6efb.png
image.thumb.png.1b6ce569912120147ea15aa0fa5e4242.png

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Thanks 1

Important difference between the new HUD and the old UI is that the new HUD is specifically separate for each player.  If there is something you want to show the same for all, then you have to loop and set it for each one.  (Unless I'm missing some universal command or player enum that would do it all at once.)

Custom HUD is simply for displaying the player's information.  The Custom Window has elements the player can interact with, such as entering text, and clicking buttons.  For both they can be turned on or off, and items or groups within them can be turned on or off.

Edited by Indomitus