bojo2736

Horses

I love the new horses.   Just a few more things would make them perfect.

They can go through fences, so making corrals for them is pointless.

I can't get them on ships now.  Well, I did manage to get one on a ship after much trying, but they didn't stay and walked into the water. 

They need a stay option.

They need craftable items.  We need saddles and bridles and shoes.  Give saddles an inventory so you can carry things on your horse. 

Also we need craftable care items, such as food and water troughs.

Could horses be included as something that can be dyed at the dye station?  Dye stations are easily craftable.  Paintguns require the higher work stations.

A coyn skin option to make them unicorns, zebras etc?

Can tamed horses be unkillable by other players while under their owners power barrier?

Also, camels need to be included in all of the above, and become a tameable, rideable, animal. 

Edited by bojo2736
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A few points to add...
I think it would be really nice if there was an affection level similar to Red Dead Redemption 2.

Where you get bonuses like the horse being tankier, less scared (you don't get knocked off the horse if it sees a tiger) and faster.

If we could brush the horses hair, give them specific foods and take them out on runs that would seem ideal. Especially if each horse has a favorite food...
I think it would also be great if we had a special "Stable" option where we can take our fast friend onto the ships so we can transport them to other islands. (And maybe an alternative option for cars, however transporting cars would be more expensive and a "luxury" .

Giving us the option to give the personal saddle colors, (maybe armor?), and "haircuts" would be pretty cute and I think add a little more "breadth" for things to do in the Ylands world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Customized saddles would probably be a better option to dying the actual horse.  But a coyn skin for your horse that is customizeable would be cool. 

So I have sent off the suggestions to Aleš, hopefully, he'll tell us his views on these soon ?

And since the new update horses shouldn't be able to walk through fences. Are they still doing so? Because we can't reproduce it ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Another issue with the improved horses: they don't transport well on ships.  They are harder to get on your ship.  I tried to transport two, and the second one levitated to the roof, causing my ship to tilt.

? Horses were supposed to be easier to control with the new updates. I'll have QA try out a couple of scenarios with horses tomorrow and maybe we can figure out, how to make it easier to transport those four-legged darlings.

Red..i have  built a  horse transport ship  on your   new  eu server...it has a stern loading ramp ... later today ( when i can get online) 

you might  want to drop  by and  we test it out  ;0

We can post  pics of the outcome and design  here

• Like 1

Pictures of   ss  Nagalot ... horse  capable (?) transporter

The rear door  acts as a loading ramp .. and additional doors   at rear assist in resisting  horses  escape attempts.  The area is  walled  off from the  control / cabin areas.

Horses have a tendency ( like  goats)  to levitate through roofs !  .. so  it pays to avoid  making a cover for them ...   but then  they can also   climb over walls!

Will be testing  transporting a  horse later today  ...  will post the results  ..  successful  or  otherwise

20191025090752_1.jpg

20191025090813_1.jpg

20191025090843_1.jpg

20191025090929_1.jpg

• Like 2

update ...transporting a failure... got horse  easily onto  ship,  but after dismount it  continued walking anim ..on the spot.

doors  closed and  ramp raised... and   when i  raised  anchor ...horse   simply   waked through the  closed  huge  doors! .. and then   jumped over the ramp   door onto the loading dock  !

Guess theres  more work  to be   done there,  folks!

heres   hoping (?)  for  o.15  and  beyond ???

i think this  horse is  showing its   dislike of  being a test for  sailing!

20191025105950_1.jpg

Horses update ...success but needs  refining!

got horse on to  ship  and traveled well .. at destination managed to   build a ramp to unload...reload.  Went for a tour and came back to see no horse on ship!  i hunted for it  ..not  luck ..returned to ship and saw its  name ..it was invisible! i mounted it and it  re appeared.

It seems  horses  can walk  backwards through  things   hmmmm

pics  attached .. the first is the  bow of the ss Nagalot ...you can see  why  ships  are referred to as  "she"   :)

also a pic of the invisible horse  ..

so  it seems to work  but needs tweaking  ;0

3rd last  pic is of invisible  horse...next pic isd it appearing...like magic ...last pic  shows  horses  can move in reverse through walls ...

20191025152102_1.jpg

20191025151722_1.jpg

20191025151743_1.jpg

20191025152657_1.jpg

20191025152407_1.jpg

20191025160006_1.jpg

20191025160013_1.jpg

20191025160045_1.jpg

8 hours ago, kimbuck said:

update ...transporting a failure... got horse  easily onto  ship,  but after dismount it  continued walking anim ..on the spot.

Could you maybe please post this as a separate issue (or I can do it, if you'll give me your blessing) and I'll log it int as a bug and we'll investigate.

can you separate it please? 

@Adam Snellgrove the horses are better for riding and playing now. But when they changed them, they now don't stay on ships. They used to just stand in place on the ship. Now the silly things like to walk around.  They used to just pop onto the ship when you swam them close to the ladder. Now you have to build them a structure, which is honestly better. More realistic. 

In the grand scheme it's not a deal breaker how they are now in regards to ships. But it used to work better.