Igor Q.

RESOLVED [YLD-18877] Bug - UI Button Overlay + Chat

Question

If you make a custom window with buttons, any chat that appears in-game will disable clickable buttons underneath it.

Suggestion: Have chat always be underneath custom windows.

image.thumb.png.b5f33852ecc81f88ec13b7c684bb074c.png

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

3 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

If you make a custom window with buttons, any chat that appears in-game will disable clickable buttons underneath it.

Suggestion: Have chat always be underneath custom windows.

image.thumb.png.b5f33852ecc81f88ec13b7c684bb074c.png

Thanks for the info ?

I was going to try (when I get back to computer) if the chat, if you write something, if any letter would trigger a custom key action

So I asked the designers and this is apparently expected behavior, because chat should be always on top of custom UI and not be 'obscured' by it.

22 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

So I asked the designers and this is apparently expected behavior, because chat should be always on top of custom UI and not be 'obscured' by it.

Could we then request an overlay within the designer for the Custom Window, similar to what is in the other one, showing the locations of standard screen elements?  It would help us design around them.  (Please include an option to show standard Mobile Controls.)

Would rather prefer chat being behind custom windows since custom windows are not permanent states. Just close window and chat is easily visible...