zarwil

Suggestion: Custom music and sounds in user created game-modes

Question

It would really improve the ability to create ambiance and set the tone for a map. If you were to make a single player story driven game mode for example you could add custom sound-cues, ambient sound and atmospheric music which you could trigger with logic. As we know music and sound is crucial for setting the tone in both movies and games, this would dramatically improve our ability to create special games. I get that this might be difficult due to copyright stuff for example, but other games let you do this (cough minecraft..) and they have no issues.

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Possibility to add your own music would take it to different level ?

If you are already working on something,  there are many ways how to play around with sound to create the desired atmo.

You can use cave music for something more "dramatic"  or add different sound effects for example creaking of door in horror games.

A lot of those sounds can be used in way different situlations than they were originally created for xD (dragon roar in one of our P1 games)

⬇️ You can have a certain music looped, play only once, change it in different parts of the game and more ! :D

image.thumb.png.8973ea34e9be1bea38d1f7621e5192e3.png
image.png.a9df3fa0bd220b3d43fb9fb891f3602a.png

• Like 1

There are certainly a lot of concerns that come up, from copyright to format compatibility, asset upload/download size, and even the possibility of abuse by some creators.  The copyright question is especially complicated, given that the game is released internationally.  And the size of the sound assets could cause new performance issues to come up.

Not saying it's impossible.  I just wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

• Like 1