RedEagle_P1.

The Ylands workshop is in dire need of an overhaul

In my attempt to upload this golf game I'm working on I've come to realize that there's so many issues with the ylands workshop its very hard to report them. 

I feel like it's so early that it need first-party testing or an overhall. 

To name a few: 

I am being frank, its nothing personal just trying to help! ?

1) Login session time out. No one does this anymore because its labor some. To compound this BI/Steam/Ylands account login is a mess and confusing. 

5eb723efc2458c76b1677e9c6a64a4d0.png

2) Must upload map updates with same name. This is a problem at on so many levels. 1) Sharing works when working as a team is hard as no one knows which version is which 2) All pros save as new version each save to roll back corruption. 

3) On vivaldi (chrome-based browser the workshops assets look like this when logged in):

731a48bb72315e3c4052e7c2ee1af006.png

4) It does this on chrome too but only with your own stuff.

5) I would like to request that we can set these post-upload: 

619f5a288b056a775639e1ec599637b7.png

6) Bad error when uploading too many images: 

2019-10-07_195145.png

7) Build thumbnails show differently on Ylands game home page. Please tell us the size you need and don't use this same thumbnail else where. This is what my golf game thumb looks like (white boarder needed): 
MiniGolf.thumb.png.0477b3d3c1fb6a2883d1de88fa2d64b3.png

8] Updating workshop assets from in ylands would be great. 

9] Process for uploading workshop comps unclear. Most people make a game out of a composition and upload that. This leads to single-assets on the home page: 

289b72d96dfedf5af4326bb747fe50ff.png
https://gyazo.com/289b72d96dfedf5af4326bb747fe50ff

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

These are all great points and we'll address them when we get the chance (unfortunately the Web team is currently unavailable/working on a different big project, so we'll have to wait, but I'll log it in and keep it fresh in mind).

7 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

These are all great points and we'll address them when we get the chance (unfortunately the Web team is currently unavailable/working on a different big project, so we'll have to wait, but I'll log it in and keep it fresh in mind).

Thanks for letting me know. 

I like that you tell us when stuff will be delayed or impossible (in case of suggestions) because then no one is like "why is this not getting fixed". It's a good idea imo :D

• Thanks 1