4 - Open a new game

5 - Click on the menu and go to "Show local files" 

6 - Back up your files

7 - close Ylands

8 - Right click Ylands in steam and click "properties" and go to the BETA tab

9 - Enter the code BackupYourData

10 - Set your version to the new beta

11 - Play Ylands

12 - Login as guest (it does not work otherwise)

More details: 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Thanks 1

So I thought I would give 1.0 a look-see.   It prompted me to sign in using my old Bohemia account (prior to the steam version). I did have a Bohemia game account, I was able to find my original confirmation email, but I have no idea what my password would have been as that was back in early 2017, and I have long ago deleted all my old bohemia folders, launchers etc (usually I put notes to myself in there to help me remember passwords).  I had already "linked" my original Bohemia account with my Steam account, so I have no idea why I need to jump through hoops now just to play.   Yes I realize this is a BETA. 

Anyway for now I signed in just as a "Guest" which meant I was now not allowed to play EXPLORE games which are the -ONLY- ones that interest me. The only reason I ever bought this game was for the Explore/Survivial aspects.  The beta informed me I could only play EXPLORE if I was on P2P (pay to play?) games or servers. I was planning to recommend this game to friends when it was released as 1.0, but probably not if they have to be continually shelling out for microtransactions.

I wish this was the old game I bought back in April 2017, because that actually was a pretty good game and I miss it. Anyway I would sure like to find out how I can get (or reset) my password for my old non-Steam Bohemian account so that I can sign in with that, if I cannot play the beta on my already LINKED steam account. I am assuming that account is a different account than my forum account? Or can I just set a new password for my forum account here and that will work for the game as well?

And thank you Red Eagle, I have been following your channel and videos and I like them very much.

========================

EDIT: Ok so on the off chance Bohemia Account and Ylands Forum Account are the same (email/password) I "changed my password" for the forum to see if I could now do the account signin for my original pre-steam account, but now I am apparently somehow -only- able to play on GUEST status and I no longer get any option at all to sign in with my original Bohemia email/password.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled my Steam game but it still insists on using  =only= my GUEST account and is no longer allowing me the option to use the account I paid for.

I uninstalled the beta and am now back on my normal Steam account and stuff, I just have some anxiety about what is going to happen when official 1.0 goes live.

Anyway I hope others are able to play and enjoy the 1.0 beta. I have zero interest in what I was able to see logging in purely as a GUEST.

Edited by Sprout
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sprout said:

Anyway for now I signed in just as a "Guest" which meant I was now not allowed to play EXPLORE games which are the -ONLY- ones that interest me. The only reason I ever bought this game was for the Explore/Survivial aspects.  The beta informed me I could only play EXPLORE if I was on P2P (pay to play?) games or servers. I was planning to recommend this game to friends when it was released as 1.0, but probably not if they have to be continually shelling out for microtransactions.

As I have mentioned in the Dev Diary, it won't be possible to play Exploration during the Beta. P2P is Peer to Peer. We are not putting in any new microtransactions other than the ones we announce a few months back (custom monetization for Creators, so Ylands Creators can add monetization for Coyns into their games if they like). Exploration will be available to all Early Accessers on release of course, new players will have the option to buy the Exploration add-on since the rest of the game will be for free.

Okay ... so  if  we opt  NOT to   download the  beta,  when it goes to 1.0 release,  do we still get the  explore   free, or  have to buy it?

I am not interested in the Pvp,   mobile  apps ,   kids  stuff     hand held  mindless games   ...monetization  or  whatever...   just the explore that the game had  and  which was fun ......... and  you played with  friends.

Not touching  the   beta ....I am going to wait  until 1.0  is released  and if i cannot get  explore  as promised ,   then  bye  bye..

8 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

Okay ... so  if  we opt  NOT to   download the  beta,  when it goes to 1.0 release,  do we still get the  explore   free, or  have to buy it?

I am not interested in the Pvp,   mobile  apps ,   kids  stuff     hand held  mindless games   ...monetization  or  whatever...   just the explore that the game had  and  which was fun ......... and  you played with  friends.

Not touching  the   beta ....I am going to wait  until 1.0  is released  and if i cannot get  explore  as promised ,   then  bye  bye..

You, of course, will have the Exploration mode after release, as promised. All Early Accessers will get Exploration and some bonus Coyns, an Early Access Pet and more. Hope to see you soon after release ?

28 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

As I have mentioned in the Dev Diary, it won't be possible to play Exploration during the Beta. P2P is Peer to Peer. We are not putting in any new microtransactions other than the ones we announce a few months back (custom monetization for Creators, so Ylands Creators can add monetization for Coyns into their games if they like). Exploration will be available to all Early Accessers on release of course, new players will have the option to buy the Exploration add-on since the rest of the game will be for free.

Ok thank you for clearing that all up!! 

i don't follow all the Dev Diaries so I appreciate the clarification.

Edited by Sprout

6 minutes ago, Sprout said:

Ok thank you for clearing that all up!! 

i don't follow all the Dev Diaries so I appreciate the clarification.

No problem at all. And with the guest thing, I should've explained it in the Dev Diary but it was a bit hectic yesterday ? Because this is a testing environment, we don't want you real  accounts to bring any problems that might occur in the Beta back into the 'real' game, so you can only sign in as Guest. 

That was my next question ^_^ I was a little worried that I had a brief option to sign in as my old Bohemia account, but now that option seemed lost to me forever. But it apparently was never really an 'option' at all, just a one time little quirk thing.

• Like 1

No Explore-style map generation in Editor?  Or does that option only show up when the player gets access to Explore mode?

And a question about the Beta:  If we try it out and aren't comfortable with it, how hard is it to roll the game back?

5 hours ago, Indomitus said:

No Explore-style map generation in Editor?  Or does that option only show up when the player gets access to Explore mode?

And a question about the Beta:  If we try it out and aren't comfortable with it, how hard is it to roll the game back?

I think its to keep us from spoiling it... at least I hope so! @Adam Snellgroveis that so? 

Explore style maps needs Exploration DLC to be able to create them so it will be back for you at the release.

You can switch back to 0.14.1 whenever  you like. Just games saved in beta will not work on older version.

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, Houp said:

Explore style maps needs Exploration DLC to be able to create them so i will be back for you at the release.

You can switch back to 0.14.1 whenever  you like. Just games saved in beta will not work on older version.

To be clear, those who have the DLC and make explore maps with editor can edit them into games everyone can play on as a multiplayer server right? 

21 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

To be clear, those who have the DLC and make explore maps with editor can edit them into games everyone can play on as a multiplayer server right? 

Yep. Only the Creator has to have the Exploration add-on ? (I think, but If I don't correct myself on Monday, this should be a yes-yes)

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 4:16 PM, Adam Snellgrove said:

Yep. Only the Creator has to have the Exploration add-on ? (I think, but If I don't correct myself on Monday, this should be a yes-yes)

Ok but that creator can make a game based on explore maps that non explore owners can enjoy?

That would make sense, since we can share any custom games we build, and I expect it would be pretty cumbersome to make Ylands limit access to custom games based on something like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedEagle - P1Gaming.net said:

Ok but that creator can make a game based on explore maps that non explore owners can enjoy?

Yep, you'll be able to do that ?