Indian Chief

Item's I would love seen

Question

3rd time lucky so they say.

So for a while now I've been trying to get a lot of the items from the editor into the actual game. For me explore is and always will be Ylands, and I want to make the game even more enjoyable.

So please if theirs's anything else you'd like to add to the list then please do.

Ylands_191127_094030.thumb.png.39981607dc5cdd32f5a4b007d736efc2.png 

1. Golden bell/any type of bell. If golden you would be able to make with hammer, chisel and 20 gold

2. Wagon wheel... who wouldn't want to add a cool wagon in game? 10 sticks, 5 nails, 4 planks a saw and knife needed to make.

3. stepping stones.. yet again who doesn't love adding in your own path using the stepping stones? Hammer and chisel. 5 stones ( those little things that really have no use apart from a couple of items)

4. Books... those book shelves look rather empty without a book in them... or lots of books. This you'd need a paper press ( at this stage I've never used one.. as I haven't had too) to make 10 paper, a pencil/quill and ink.

5. Ever since I laid eyes on this chair.... it's seriously the one item that i'd add out of all my requests. I know you've added some lovely looking chairs but I haven't seen a single seater with ottoman like the one above. 6 cloth, 2 beams, 4 planks and 10 nails. Something simular for the ottoman.

6. Glass bottles... the 2nd item I'd really really love to see in this game. 5 glass needed.

7. Paintings... I know you can get it from mr Ross.... but he doesn't sell all the paintings. Maybe a little greedy here but it'd be nice to have them all sold or craftable.

8. Gold gold gold. Not sure if you have anything planned... but for me at this stage collecting gold has no real merit. But say if you could make items out of it... now we have given me an incentive to hunt for it. Items I've attached are the Golden cup, idol, coins, key, and chain.

9/10. Banner's and shields... these looks amazing.... hats off to who ever designed these bad boys/girls. 

11. Chain and ball... for those player's who have been naughty and need to go to jail! Or hard labour.... mine that iron!

Thanks Chief

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 replies to this bug / suggestion

So I've talked to Aleš, and he said, we could definitely get some of these in for 1.1. Just have to pick, which ones it'll be ? But that's up to the designers.

• Haha 1

We need triangle windows, large and small. Really all the block shapes.

A hammock.  I mean, come on.

Translucent ice blocks in all the shapes and sizes of the other blocks.

We need a way to harden and make things unpickable under our own barrier in exploration.

Animals. In no particular order

Cows, calves, donkeys, llama, chickens and rooster.

Clutter and knickknacks.  Maybe a few paddywacks.

And dogs. And cats. Tameable bunnies.

But if I could only have one thing: non persistent avatars.

Edited by bojo2736

Oh, and gear for horses. Saddles, bridles, wagons to pull, and skins to buy in the coyn store to make them unicorns, pegasus,  dragons, gryphons. You get the idea.

1 hour ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

So I've talked to Aleš, and he said, we could definitely get some of these in for 1.1. Just have to pick, which ones it'll be ? But that's up to the designers.

YES YES YES! I can't wait to see what they bring out. Over the moon with this news Adam. Having some of those items will make a huge difference to a player's in game experience. Maybe you can only include them in the explore pack to make it more appealing to want to buy it. Just a thought :)

2 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

We need triangle windows, large and small. Really all the block shapes.

A hammock.  I mean, come on.

Translucent ice blocks in all the shapes and sizes of the other blocks.

We need a way to harden and make things unpickable under our own barrier in exploration.

Animals. In no particular order

Cows, calves, donkeys, llama, chickens and rooster.

Clutter and knickknacks.  Maybe a few paddywacks.

And dogs. And cats. Tameable bunnies.

But if I could only have one thing: non persistent avatars.

2 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Oh, and gear for horses. Saddles, bridles, wagons to pull, and skins to buy in the coyn store to make them unicorns, pegasus,  dragons, gryphons. You get the idea.

I've added these to the list too, but the designers are starting to panic and run around arms flailing ? But hopefully, we can manage to add some of these in 1.1.

chickens!     we need  them  ;0    

also more   female  clothing items

flowering orchard trees ...  with fruit that can be  harvested?   ( apple  plum    peach?)

more  fences   and  gates  for    containing  animals

and  ships  sails that can have  symbols on them ! 

and  name  boards    signs .. that can have  actual words  put  on them   other than   scribbles

?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy if these items will be later. Also, I know I am in a minority, but I do love a good DLC stuff pack.

• Like 1

Kim's right. We need more letters.  I need to be able to build a discord addy into a scene.  

• Haha 1

Hi Adam, just wondering why this block was removed? It hasn't been in game for a while and I like using it to hold tools and weapons :)Ylands_191129_101359.thumb.png.ae4048411d65536ae853b0a43e8f5eb6.png

9 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

Hi Adam, just wondering why this block was removed? It hasn't been in game for a while and I like using it to hold tools and weapons :)Ylands_191129_101359.thumb.png.ae4048411d65536ae853b0a43e8f5eb6.png

So this was removed some time back, but I checked and we can put it back in 1.1. ?

• Thanks 1

1 - A water supply,  fountains, pools

2 - We can build airports but we don't have planes. Speed same as boats will be ok.

3 - We can build cars but some people love trains ?

4 - The night is dark and full of terrors so we need more types of lights ?

5 - We can build energy doors so i want to know how to build a teleport station with possibility to teleport from one island to another.

6 - In the night I was looking at the sky and I saw the moon. In the future I want possibility to build a rocket. ??

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see energy lines only shown when holding the linker. It really kill's most builds :( and that's after hiding as much as I could. Ylands_191212_234355.thumb.png.53ced33e0f381de11a903770333383b6.png

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, Indian Chief said:

I'd like to see energy lines only shown when holding the linker. It really kill's most builds :( and that's after hiding as much as I could. Ylands_191212_234355.thumb.png.53ced33e0f381de11a903770333383b6.png

Yeah, hidding energy steam green lines is quite a work. Although, in some circunstances it can look cool for a energy barrier thing if we could change the color. So, what I mean is, having it showing up or not and also change the color. For example, on the generator properties we would check "visible" like you do with Logics and the color. 

• Like 1

I've always said a choice would be cool as I can see how they can be useful when you want them.... but at the same time if I had a choice between seeing them and not i'd take not.

What I would also like to see added, is the paint gun in explore be the same as in the editor. If an item has 1,2 or 3 colours you can copy them all and paint your desired item... in game you have to switch all the time which for me is just annoying.

#weneedbucks
#weneedgluegun

I think it would be interesting if players needed wagons or wheel barrows to carry heavy materials.

Having a weight limit could make the game significantly different. it then becomes important how you plan to transport resources and now a larger boat actually is useful compared to a raft! XD

• Like 1

Love both ideas on this front mate. Wagon... huge yes! Carry those logs around and could be a step in between cars (or for me I like playing olden style so a wagon would be my final upgrade. Keep the idea's coming... we might even get some responses ?

They would have to add a "weight variable" to each item/object, or at least those items which could be transported. I don't see them making it happen.

What about using some chests in the wagon and make them specific for some types? It would take a big list for the items that you can transport, but that way you can limit the "ammount" each chest gets and thus limit how much you can place at wagon.

As from what I get from resources, you mean: logs, ores. It's a "tiny" list :D

Edited by jchob
  • Like 1

I love your idea, and sadly I think you're right they wouldn't add that type of thing in game, maybe before full release. 

Another thing I'd like to see added is the ability to blueprint the new brick blocks and basic blocks. 
@Adam Snellgrove would like some feedback after you guys get back from holidays :)

• Upvote 1