Adam Snellgrove

Dev Diary #106

Hey there Ylanders!

So we have some mega big news today! You might have noticed the kind of countdown we had going on Social Media and might have wondered, what it was for. Well not anymore! Because we are releasing the release candidate (or update 0.15.1) which is the final version of the game before release! This means we are all but ready to release 1.0 and this was the final step, the final part of the puzzle. Now we’re giving ourselves a little bit of breathing space for a bit of fixing and polishing and then it is off to the official release of the game, which is coming REALLY soon! We are releasing this update as a kind of soft release to see that everything works and get some feedback from you guys and then we'll go official ?

Key Art.png

So what can you expect today?

Well, obviously the update and all that comes with it. Every feature we announced, that would be in 1.0 will be in this update and you’ll get to try it. You’ll finally get to try out the new Exploration and all the cool things we added in there, such as new encounters, animals, map functionality, sleeping saves, ship and car blueprints, hunting mutants and Alphas, much-improved weather system, Yland tiers and much more. Please give us your feedback on what you think about these changes because Exploration will always be a work in progress and we’ll always add more things in and more features. Not to mention all the features added into the Editor and we can’t wait for you to try out and experiment with ?

At this point, we are moving dedicated servers to Nitrado, so those of you that had dedicated servers set up, these will shut down. You can now purchase Dedicated Server time through the in-game shop and we are also working with Nitrado to bring you the option to buy servers directly from them to give you full control over them while still making them certified and fully supported by us. We are also introducing much more capable servers, that will be more efficient and powerful, so try them out and tell us what you think, because we can still tinker with that till the release ?

We are also releasing over 400 fixes and improvements, which we’ll list in a changelog (link at the end).

Some of you will also get to try out the Mobile version. We are releasing Ylands on Mobile in Scandinavia, Canada, Czechia and Slovakia for iOS and Android. The version currently on Testflight will also be updated, so everyone with iOS will be able to try out the final Mobile version too ?

And finally I want to thank you all, that stood by us all these years. Today is Thanksgiving Day in America, which seems fitting because we have a lot to be thankful for. For being able to work on a project we feel truly passionate about, for all the great people we are surrounded by but especially for having such a great community of players, that stuck with us through thick and thin. Your support, suggestions, criticism and bug reports were instrumental in making Ylands what it is today and so we offer you our deepest and most sincere thanks.

And now off to Explore dear Ylanders and stay classy ?

Changelog:

https://ylands.com/community/topic/26189-0151-ylands-yncoming-ylands-10-release-candidate-28112019/

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bistudio.ylandsgoo

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/app/ylands/id892740310?ls=1

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great to hear!

It will definitely be interesting to see +10k  new users jump into this game! :)

Out of curiosity...do you guys plan on attending any of the video game conventions like Pax?

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Like 2

Sweet :)
Been so many updates lately that I've been stuck just waiting for next update and then something is teased for next one, hehe.
Looking forward to testing this out again :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

Great to hear!

It will definitely be interesting to see +10k  new users jump into this game! :)

Out of curiosity...do you guys plan on attending any of the video game conventions like Pax?

I'd love to ? But that's not decided yet. 

Yay! THE Moment is almost here! I'm being cautiously excited! :D

And according to Google Play, I'm in the first ten of people who ever downloaded the Ylands mobile from the Playstore :P

Screenshot_2019-11-28-20-46-26-454_com.android.vending.thumb.jpg.5759c183f52884ee43edbf453913e08b.jpg

Number of downloads: 5+ downloads 

Screenshot_2019-11-28-20-54-40-424_com.bistudio.ylandsgoo.thumb.jpg.8d5e69c2d9026f1e01ff255fdab8cc2d.jpg

Loged in for the very first time on this version :D

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

Yay! THE Moment is almost here! I'm being cautiously excited! :D

And according to Google Play, I'm in the first ten of people who ever downloaded the Ylands mobile from the Playstore :P

Screenshot_2019-11-28-20-46-26-454_com.android.vending.thumb.jpg.5759c183f52884ee43edbf453913e08b.jpg

Number of downloads: 5+ downloads 

Screenshot_2019-11-28-20-54-40-424_com.bistudio.ylandsgoo.thumb.jpg.8d5e69c2d9026f1e01ff255fdab8cc2d.jpg

Loged in for the very first time on this version :D

You should get an achievement for something like that ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

You should get an achievement for something like that ?

Yeah, definitely! ? The Playstore showed me every sandbox game other than Ylands when searching the phrase "ylands". Had to find it through Arma in the end. The search mechanisms there are weird. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

Yeah, definitely! ? The Playstore showed me every sandbox game other than Ylands when searching the phrase "ylands". Had to find it through Arma in the end. The search mechanisms there are weird. 

42 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I cant see it in Canada on iOS or Android. 

Me too. Had to go to Arma tactics and look directly at Bohemia Interactive. I guess once more people download it it will be easier to find.

43 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Me too. Had to go to Arma tactics and look directly at Bohemia Interactive. I guess once more people download it it will be easier to find.

Can you link us? 

8 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Not available in my country.  

Screenshot_20191128-164438_Google Play Store.jpg

It's available in Scandinavia, Canada, Czechia and Slovakia. On release it will be available everywhere.

Y'all, we got some new furniture and decor items...

Pay no attention to the green stuff lower left. It's just something I was putting together with some of the new stuff.

Ylands_191129_143534.png

• Like 1