Indomitus

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-20855] Tree shading at night after they have been hit

Question

Hit a tree without destroying it, and it stays daylight colors at night.  Very minor, but it kind of breaks the lovely moonlight effect.

Ylands_191128_214232.thumb.png.dc3b07fea151fce375c5037f63956812.png

On that tiny little starting island, it's like a beacon from anywhere on the island.

Edited by Indomitus

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

7 hours ago, Indomitus said:

Hit a tree without destroying it, and it stays daylight colors at night.  Very minor, but it kind of breaks the lovely moonlight effect.

Ylands_191128_214232.thumb.png.dc3b07fea151fce375c5037f63956812.png

On that tiny little starting island, it's like a beacon from anywhere on the island.

Nice ? Thanks for the report. If you happen to do so again, output_logs would be great, but we'll also try it on our end. It in fact happened to our QA once, but couldn't reproduce it again, so if it does happen, the logs would be incredibly helpful, because we can't figure out, what triggers it.

I was able to recreate it.  On spawn island, use the stone axe to hit objects.  Trees, bushes, tree stumps, and fallen tree tops seem to be affected.  I was able to reliably "light up" about a dozen objects around my camp.  It kind of looks like the impact "flash" effect is getting stuck.  I'm playing through a new game right now, and I'll upload logs in a bit.  (I'm actually trying to play through to fight an NPC and test the other bug; two with one stone.)

Ylands_191130_183252.thumb.png.3b0dc7eaf7202f29d4e2bf27d7531f84.png

EDIT:  Here are the logs for this one.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by Indomitus

As an interesting note to follow up, when I returned to that location on the spawn island to build a permanent base, the trees were no longer glowing.  I guess unloading and reloading the chunk forced the shading back to correct values?