cowboy28

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-20856] [YLD-20857] Mouse stuttering & Resolution change

Question

Some points to fix (or maybe there is already a solution?)

• I have stuttering when I look around with the mouse (feels like 15 FPS), when I use a controller I can look around smooth with the right stick (no stuttering!)
  • It stays the same when I lower the details and resolution, so it doesn´t seem to be a performance problem
  • I can´t change the resolution in fullscreen mode, only in windowed mode! In fullscreen mode it´s only "Custom" available, and I see 3620x2036 as available resolution (but I can´t choose it)
  • The controller doesn´t work in the inventory
  • I can´t choose mouse and keyboard in the control options, only "automatic" is available

25 replies to this bug / suggestion

So couldn't figure out why it stutters, but some of the team have a few possible solutions. 

Have you tried disconnecting the controller completely when playing with mouse and keyboard?

It probably has to do something with the resolution you have it set up in, so does it stutter when in 1920x1080?

Controller is disconnected.

In 1920x1080 it seems a little bit better (But it´s not smooth, too. Feels like low FPS. When I only move the character without moving the mouse it´s okay).

And as I said, I can´t play the game with native resolution (2560x1440) in fullscreen mode, only windowed! Fullscreen I see only 3620x2036, but it jumps back to "Custom" when I try to choose this resolution.

Fullscreen.thumb.jpg.b4826aa87a1c7185fd978bbcdb4245d4.jpgWindowed.thumb.jpg.3f896d9a55cd40bb1dd9574253da2bb5.jpg

Edited by cowboy28

7 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Have you checked the settings on your mouse? Or within the game settings?

yes i have, the xbox controller runs normal but mouse is stuttering as hell

Edited by The CodY

16 hours ago, The CodY said:

my Mouse is so hard stuttering, and wehn i scrole and move the mouse the game responds after 1 sec, i love playing Ylands pleas fix this

We're looking into it. Hopefully, we'll fix it in a patch after release.

6 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

So the problem with not being able to change active controller options has been fixed and should be included in 1.0.1.

But the mouse problem still there, i making a break from ylands, i hope they fix this next year 

Edited by The CodY

1 hour ago, The CodY said:

But the mouse problem still there, i making a break from ylands, i hope they fix this next year 

We are investigating it thoroughly and hopefully, a fix will be present in 1.1.

From what I see in the log, it looks like the game is constantly switching the input device from your KB+M to the gamepad and vice versa (which definitely shouldn't be happening). Is it possible that you put something on the gamepad which might be triggering some of the buttons or joysticks? Could you please try if you still get the lag even with the controller physically disconnected from your PC?

32 minutes ago, Berzeger said:

From what I see in the log, it looks like the game is constantly switching the input device from your KB+M to the gamepad and vice versa (which definitely shouldn't be happening). Is it possible that you put something on the gamepad which might be triggering some of the buttons or joysticks? Could you please try if you still get the lag even with the controller physically disconnected from your PC?

I have had this where I need to unplug my controller to play. 

7 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

I thought the game doesn't support controllers. Is that still true?

Not officially, but you can play with a controller...

9 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Not officially, but you can play with a controller...

Maybe not, so it seems.

Mouse movement is much better now (was there another patch in the meantime?).

Anyway, it works, and I´m looking forward to play the game now! ?

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, The CodY said:

Nope the issue still on me 

And do you have a controller attached to the computer? Though that shouldn't be a problem after the hotfix today.

On 12/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, The CodY said:

Now Yalnds crashes when i spawn in a world

Could you please start a new thread for this and send output_logs, when this happens again? Would help a lot.