RedEagle_P1.

All scripted compositions now broken

Question

We have a lot of assets that help us make amazing servers and content for people. One example is scripted rocks that people can hit with tools in order to get infinite resources. 100% of the compositions which have the scripts inside the item (such as in the rock when you click a rock and click edit script) have had their scripts removed. 

This needs to be restored really quick before the update because otherwise we lose so much great progress.

• Upvote 1

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Are these backed up saves from 0.14? If so, they should work. If not, then it may be the case the Beta messed it up, in which case there isn't an easy fix to that other than scripting it again. But your backed up versions should be fine, so try running those.

I had several compositions I just tried to use on an exploration map.  I have not opened them since .14, so I don't know.  

It's not that huge of a deal for me as a server admin, but I know there are sooooo many people that have entity level scripts, and I hope it all works for them too.  In the meantime, I will just refresh the scripts as I find them

Just now, MyPa553ng3r said:

I had several compositions I just tried to use on an exploration map.  I have not opened them since .14, so I don't know.  

It's not that huge of a deal for me as a server admin, but I know there are sooooo many people that have entity level scripts, and I hope it all works for them too.  In the meantime, I will just refresh the scripts as I find them

But were you in the Beta? Because it doesn't matter if you haven't opened them, if you entered the beta, it could've harmed the savegames ? That's why we urged everyone to back up their files. 

• Haha 1

Any way to revert the version?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ylands but I can't.

(My games are already backed up but I have no way to update them if I can't do it safely)

@Adam Snellgrove

Well copy them and try putting them in your normal save files now that you're updated to 0.15.1 and hopefully just minimum stuff should be broken.

52 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Well copy them and try putting them in your normal save files now that you're updated to 0.15.1 and hopefully just minimum stuff should be broken.

@MyPa553ng3r let me know if this helps. I want to know if our stuff is salvageable *sweats* 

• Upvote 1

The damage is minimal @Adam Snellgrove, all is well on my side.  Perhaps it was just that handful of compositions, or just the day was off.  I will keep you updated as I find them.  The compostitions that were affected hadn't seen real action since .13   Just some cheaty chests to stuff items in your pocket. 

Not a game breaker. 

Edited by MyPa553ng3r
  • Like 1