Brbrmensch

RESOLVED [YLD-20874] last item building doesn't work

Question

i've encountered this while building a ship in a multiplayer game

so other than that:

1 craft some building blocks, like bamboo 1x2x4 blocks

2 start building them on a ship

3 when you get to last one, it will say "-bamboo block" and will not put it where you told it to

it also happened to me when i was trying to put torch stand on raft

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

3 minutes ago, Brbrmensch said:

i've encountered this while building a ship in a multiplayer game

so other than that:

1 craft some building blocks, like bamboo 1x2x4 blocks

2 start building them on a ship

3 when you get to last one, it will say "-bamboo block" and will not put it where you told it to

it also happened to me when i was trying to put torch stand on raft

If this happens again, output_logs would help. But we'll try to reproduce it either way ? Thank you.

I think this is the same issue I just experienced.  As I was adding beams and wooden blocks to my ship, the last item of every stack would simply vanish when I placed it.  I was able to build, but I had to make exactly 1 more of each thing than I actually needed each time, to make sure the stack didn't run out.

(It will be near the end of the log files, since I exited out right after, to submit this.)

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

I concur with the bug that the OP reported. This exact thing has happened to me and I thought I would double down on reporting it. I sent in feedback directly from the game about this and I came here to report it as well. You cannot place anything on the ship that is either an item that can't stack or the last item in a stack. Since lanterns can't stack, for example, when I attempt to place it on the ship it simply vanishes....the only way to place a lantern on my ship at the moment is by dropping it from the inventory option, no, really. I've lost 5 lanterns trying all different methods for placing. 

Thanks for looking into it.

17 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

I reported this ages ago. Like when Ane was here.

Really? Well hopefully now we can finally fix it ?