KinaUndead

Where to find iron?

frustrating,  isn't it?  What will happen   is someone  else will find it and  block others  from mining it.

Hopefully  they  will revise their thinking and  take  issues like this  into  consideration to save the game.

This might be a bug though, because we've had a lot of feedback saying they can't fond ANY. Could you please provide us with a savegame from one of these ironless Exploration maps?

There seems to be at least some ores in local world games it seems, where in sharedworld games we weren't finding any other than coal. Since it's a sharedworld game I don't really know how to share the world. The other worlds have some ores... but still no iron, and even then the ores they do have are only in the caves, still not that many veins of it, and little to no surface ore. I was finding some veins of marble and sulfpur in a threat one world in the world I attached here, that's about it. I feel as though ore generation spawn needs a tweaking overall and honestly it would be nice to see more islands even further out and overall bigger map, so it's not like a "ring" of islands around the beginner island.

Ylands Save - I actually just made the world now, so issue still persistent.. though right now in a sharedgame world with friends we haven't found ANY ore other than coal.

- As a side question, are sharks gone? There seems to be a lack of sharks so I figure they've been removed.

Edited by KinaUndead

2 hours ago, KinaUndead said:

- As a side question, are sharks gone? There seems to be a lack of sharks so I figure they've been removed.

They're taking a holiday.  You know, backpacking across Europe and such.  ?

Actually, they're out while they have their AI redesigned.  From what I remember BI saying, I would expect them back next year some time, or whenever we get the new water simulation.  They will be back and they will be more dangerous.

But will they still fly?

Ive played 3 local singleplayer worlds. Explored 3 plus island on each and all caves. I have found NO iron at all. This is game breaking

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it's not just the iron, but the resources in general.  I found zirconium before I found copper (both in the caves of the tier-3 island).  Maybe there's some on the other islands, but I never saw it.

On top of that, I think it would be best to have an alternate type of explore map specifically for the public servers.  These are great, and fun for 1 player or just a few friends, but once we have large numbers logging on to play, the map will be destroyed in no time.

the current   map i  am on is  socially  dead ...  there were 8 payers  consistently  during the first  day ..all were  asking  " where  can i find" ... iron  etc  .

I discovered  clay and   took enough  for  my  immediate needs ...came back an hour  later  and found the  lot   removed -- by possibly  one player, and others  asking  where   could they find it.

i also  went to an  island and  found  no caves ..  used  freecamera to locate them and  then  couldn't  find the   entrance...someone had  filled it in to hide it 

went back to spawn and there's no more flint  for    fire starting   or  stones to make  basic  tools ...so  bodies   just piling up.

after  one day with a full server,   today i was the only one   active    for  3  hours.

Hopefully   with the release of 1.0  the   whizzkid scripters  etc    of  P1  can create maps that overcome these issues ... but the problem  is   when you make something  foolproof,  a long  comes a bigger  better  fool...

You can address this in editor. But you have to know that you can. And you have to know how.  The kid who gets this game for Christmas and just fires it up, is going to get disillusioned real fast. And is going to give s bad review and tell all his friends not to waste their time.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, bojo2736 said:

You can address this in editor. But you have to know that you can. And you have to know how.  The kid who gets this game for Christmas and just fires it up, is going to get disillusioned real fast. And is going to give s bad review and tell all his friends not to waste their time.

agreed.  as an adult newbie myself I have found the game and editor great fun  and to experiment with.  The kiddy art style will attract kids to the game until they notice there is a learning curve (especially with game scripting in editor) which is okay for adults but will probably turn off the younger kids. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Agreed, i found this game on youtube, and saw videoes were they had loads of iron and such, so I bought the game (exspolore thingy) , and made my brother buy it too, and we could not progress, so my brother didn't want the game after that and now im kinda mad!

How can this not be fixed? cuz i loved the game, but me and my brother went to 5 diffrent islands on 4 diffrent savegames, and found no iron

Still having issues with iron not spawning have done 3 separate saves and nothing at all no coal and no iron it is highly irritating. i have played this game since early access and it was great before all the changes were made

Edited by OutlawKnowledge
added comment
  • Upvote 1

@Adam Snellgrove no disrespect here, but really what is the purpose of a player submitting game files here? The community is reporting that even in caves either no resources or not enough are spawned. It seems like it's a problem in the changes made at full release.

The community tells you it's not enough, it's too easy now for griefers to tank an entire map, but we are told it should be enough.

Do you guys ever just step away from programming and hop into the game? 

I wish you would get your hands on a pre 0.10 version and play. it was a much better, if less stable game. 

Edited by bojo2736

Because if the iron is not spawning at all on all the Ylands, then it is a bug (that we can't reproduce). That's why the savegames would be helpful. With the other issue, that there isn't enough iron, we will be addressing that soon.

So in the map (AD PERPETUAM MEMORIAM LUMINIS) you sent to us @OutlawKnowledge, we found iron and coal in these locations. Please check, if you find them when you open the map, since it could be the case, that it doesn't appear to certain people. But it is a bit too difficult to find iron now and we will revise that very soon.

ironOnTheSurface.PNGsdfasdfasdg.PNGcoalInTheCave.PNGcoalCave.PNGironInTheCave.PNGironCave.PNG

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

Resource replenishment is also a huge issue in MP.

Working on implementing a solution on the server mod. Hopefully it can be done by tonight :)

Let me know what resource nodes you'd like to create

• Like 1