Kysen

Newcomer Help: Exploration Mode

Hey Everyone :)

I'm new to YLANDS, as I imagine many of you are. I thought it would be great to start a discussion on anything you may be struggling with. Ask any questions here and I'll do my best to find the answer :)

I am making YouTube videos on YLANDS Exploration mode if any of you are interested, just search "Kysen" on YouTube :)

Also feel free to join my club and start the YLANDS discussion! :D

YLANDS Exploration Let's Play!

• Like 1

I have a question, maybe it's stupid and already answered in another post. But I haven't found an answer. Arer there only 5 island around the startisland, or is there a possibility to find more?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steam-76561198008137942 said:

I have a question, maybe it's stupid and already answered in another post. But I haven't found an answer. Arer there only 5 island around the startisland, or is there a possibility to find more?

Hey thanks for the question! And no, it's not stupid at all :) I'm new so there's TONS I don't know at the moment! So, from researching online the most common answer is that there are 8-12 total islands in a YLANDS game, though some answers on reddit suggest up to 15. I'd say a safe bet is around the 8-10 mark, but I may be able to give you more info after exploring my own world more. Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Sounds cool, looking forward to your videos too ? And nice idea getting everyone together like this.

3 hours ago, Spyler.X said:

Welcome kysen ?

Thanks guys, the support and community has just been amazing so far! Loving it and loving the game! :)

• Like 1

Okay, thank you. It`s the thing I played already in early access but haven't played for a long time. There were up to 10-15 ilands. But now when I sail far east/west/north/south I get the message there is only blue ocean cause I'm leaving the Ylands zone. Thats why I'm asking :)

Edited by steam-76561198008137942
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steam-76561198008137942 said:

Good morning, yes, its an excellent question.  I believe we had 10-12 Ylands during the early access stage and I know they were difficult to find.  With the changes that came from the release the overall map is smaller and the number of Ylands is fewer, making them easier to find. I did a video back on October 9th that went over the highlights of the Dev Diaries 95, 96, 97 & 98 where they talked about the changes to exploration. Diary 98 talks about the reduction in the number of Ylands and I think it was mentioned somewhere that it would be 8-9 Ylands but I have not found a definitive on that this morning. Be cautious of any data you find online that was posted before the release, a lot has changed ?  

Have fun exploring!

Edited by Litl Daffodil
clarity
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, steam-76561198008137942 said:

Okay, thank you. It`s the thing I played already in early access but haven't played for a long time. There were up to 10-15 ilands. But now when I sail far east/west/north/south I get the message there is only blue ocean cause I'm leaving the Ylands zone. Thats why I'm asking :)

Ah ok I haven't gone far enough to get that message yet but that's interesting :) I've started a club where I'm trying to build a community around this game. Let me know if you're interested in joining :)

Just now, Litl Daffodil said:

Good morning, I believe we had 10-12 Ylands during the early access stage and I know they were difficult to find.  With the changes that came from the release the overall map is smaller and the number of Ylands is fewer, making them easier to find. I did a video back on October 9th that went over the highlights of the Dev Diaries 95, 96, 97 & 98 where they talked about the changes to exploration. Diary 98 talks about the reduction in the number of Ylands and I think it was mentioned somewhere that it would be 8-9 Ylands but I have not found a definitive on that this morning. Be cautious of any data you find online that was posted before the release, a lot has changed ?  

Have fun exploring!

Thanks for this answer, very informative! I've created a club on here because I'd like to build a community with people who like the game and want to share ideas, knowledge etc. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining, would be great to have you :)

• Thanks 1

So right now you can find 6-7 Ylands in a Exploration game. While we slashed the number of Ylands (in a bigger scheme of optimising the game) we have made every Yland unique filled with Random Encounters and with dangerous foes that come out at night. Also you will need to hunt down the Alpha mutant to stop the mutants from respawning and to make mining in caves safer ?

• Upvote 1

IF u Create a Exploration map in the editor does it still have the random encounter and dangerous foes? 

12 hours ago, frantech1 said:

Do you know if they are planning to add more than 6-7 islands in Exploration mode later on?

We are figuring out, if it'd be possible with some serious optimization but it probably won't be a tremendous amount more of Ylands.