lalilolailo

Lost Protective Barrier Generator

Question

Hi guys,

Not long ago, before the final release I was building my ship and I wanted to remove some parts so I placed my Protective Barrier Generator on it to remove blocks with my hammer. I guess there was a bug which is now fixed but any item that you would place, if it was the last one, it would disappear… So my generator disappeared forever. I didn't really care that much back then, but now I really want it back.

Is there anyway I can recover a missing Protective Barrier Generator?

Thanks

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

12 hours ago, lalilolailo said:

Hi guys,

Not long ago, before the final release I was building my ship and I wanted to remove some parts so I placed my Protective Barrier Generator on it to remove blocks with my hammer. I guess there was a bug which is now fixed but any item that you would place, if it was the last one, it would disappear… So my generator disappeared forever. I didn't really care that much back then, but now I really want it back.

Is there anyway I can recover a missing Protective Barrier Generator?

Thanks

I think you could take the Exploration map into Editor (open up Editor, open games and open the Exploration map) and add it in there, but I'm not as much of an Editor wiz as others here, like @bojo2736 or @Igor Q. ?

• Thanks 1

Agreed with Adam.

The simplest solution would be to open up the map in editor and manually add a protective barrier generator using script. (For some reason its not available as a place-able item ??? @Adam Snellgrove )

image.png.8e634f28f09f806fe9b3f59ae0e445b7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you want a barrier that knows you, you have to delete the character in editor. If you do this you will need to also give yourself any keys you may have.  This is more tedious to do.  The easiest option is to have your keyring out of your inventory so you can just pick it up when you spawn back in.

• Like 1

If you're going to add the generator in the editor, it's probably best to add it as a broken generator, then repair it.  In a local SP game, any new "blank" PB will simply assign to the player that picks it up.  In an online MP game, however, they don't assign when picked up.  The only way to force it to assign in MP is for that player to repair it from a broken generator.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Indomitus said:

If you're going to add the generator in the editor, it's probably best to add it as a broken generator, then repair it.  In a local SP game, any new "blank" PB will simply assign to the player that picks it up.  In an online MP game, however, they don't assign when picked up.  The only way to force it to assign in MP is for that player to repair it from a broken generator.

You can only repair it if it is yours. As in, it spawns in your inventory. That's why you have to delete your character.  You can't just pick up random barriers and have them work for you. 

7 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

You can only repair it if it is yours. As in, it spawns in your inventory. That's why you have to delete your character.  You can't just pick up random barriers and have them work for you. 

Incorrect.  I've done testing with giving players additional barriers in some MP Explore map scripts I was building.  When they repair a broken barrier, the new repaired barrier entity DOES spawn into their inventory, and it's assigned to them when that happens.  The broken barrier will always be unassigned until it's repaired, no matter who handles it.  The repaired PB will belong to the player who repairs it.  I'm not speculating; I've done it just prior to the 1.0 release.

To be clear, we're talking about broken barriers that are spawned in using script, not the ones the players start with.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Like 1

@Indomitus is right, the best option is to generate it with logic, you can do it on an empty map and then extract it as a composition so you will always have it available. any of them works since you can generate a repaired barrier without identification.
You can find two hidden in our server?

55 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Sorry. Things have changed. I gave you the fix I knew.

Thanks, I appreciate the help ?

• Like 1