megatarre

Editor Information and help

How are people adding islands in the map editor? I cant find any up to date info on the map editor... When I go to the editor and create a explore map I only see the starter island. When I click go to another islands It moves the camera but all I see is water.  All I want to do is Create a explore map with the 7 islands then Add 3 more islands far away with lots of resource for me and my friends. But the editor information is a bit lacking or I am looking in all the wrong places. 

Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, megatarre said:

How are people adding islands in the map editor? I cant find any up to date info on the map editor... When I go to the editor and create a explore map I only see the starter island. When I click go to another islands It moves the camera but all I see is water.  All I want to do is Create a explore map with the 7 islands then Add 3 more islands far away with lots of resource for me and my friends. But the editor information is a bit lacking or I am looking in all the wrong places. 

Thanks! 

You probably have Universal option switched on (game will be available on Mobile). You have to switch on PC Only to get bigger map. Check out the Ylands Academy for more info (and Tutorial videos).

1 hour ago, megatarre said:

All I want to do is Create a explore map with the 7 islands then Add 3 more islands far away with lots of resource for me and my friends.

Someone should mention that once the Editor has generated the map, you currently can't add new islands and can't extend existing islands past the water line.  You can add resources by painting them onto the existing islands, though.

14 minutes ago, Indomitus said:

Someone should mention that once the Editor has generated the map, you currently can't add new islands and can't extend existing islands past the water line.  You can add resources by painting them onto the existing islands, though.

Actually it is possible to add islands with a little patience.

@megatarre
In the editor you can add underwater terrain although it generates some problems can be solved mostly. You can even create sea caves.
20191128232034_1.thumb.jpg.9775a70cbb611ae3d043e73cc6f49cc9.jpg

If you want it to be natural you must be careful with the size since it is easy to get into more than what was expected in the beginning, and making the beach can be more expensive than doing the island itself.

20191130104829_1.thumb.jpg.2fc135b8f56b146dca1fb9466521d605.jpg

The edition of land in the water does not allow you a margin of error with what you can only add terrain not to eliminate so you will have to use undo every time something fails. I recommend you try not to do too much with the beach since it can be quite heavy. you can look for creative ways to add new areas without touching the ocean too much

20190919151201_1.thumb.jpg.1de15360aadf61e6f5ba252e57fc73f0.jpg

20190920100742_1.thumb.jpg.b6ba76bd4fca5669ecbf9e49a6d1fc4e.jpg

20190927160324_1.thumb.jpg.fd1834a00be29a5b37449293178bb376.jpg

20191009144827_1.thumb.jpg.1722a339bc8be04be268ca2d01f4e8b1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Not bad.  The last time I tried adding terrain under water, it simply would not add anything.  This might change one of my game designs (putting in small islands around team bases instead of just platforms).

• Like 2