UniquePanda

Game keeps crashing

Question

I will play the game for a while then it will randomly freeze and go to "not responding" then a few seconds later it will crash. the first 2 hours or so I had no issues, then randomly I fell thru the map and my game crashed and it has been happening ever since. Edit : Now the game is launching to a black screen and not loading up.

Edited by UniquePanda

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

been there   done that ...    consider it a feature.

i have  given up sending in   crash logs ..  somethings  being  done about  it ,  so we  hear..  hope  my  hearing aid  battery doesn't  go  flat waiting...

Edited by kimbuck
  • Upvote 1

I discovered all my islands and I created katamaran.
So I spent two days (around 10 hours every day in game).
Third day the game started to crash inside different events.

By my oppinion... too much objects in game has and still using incorrect memory management.
Too many using extended memory for that objects.
Programmers not using alocated memory on the others system media (harddrive), which could can catch the increased in game requirements.

Not happen yet.

I sometimes  encounter the  screen freeze / crash   . 4  times  in  20  minutes ..it    seems to be linked to   

a) people   coming and leaving the server, especially if  chat is involved .. the player  contacted by whisper yet they leave  before its  sent ...mainly if   6 or more  players on line

2) certain invisible  boundaries  in the map ..i constantly  encounter   freeze/crash in the exact location  on certain maps ...or at sea  midway between island ...( same point  each time)   ,,like  its  crossing  from one  area to another and the data  doesn't arrive  in time to be processed...  your  ship sails on and you are not there!

3) start of  certain weather  events ....     when returned its  either   heavy rain/blizzard

4)  no other reason at all ..it  just  happens. why?    ?

Yes ... this is stable feature of this game, the periodic crashing of this game after x hours (ten mins, twenty mins etc.) of playing.

and here we go again ...  2  crashes ... then a total end of the world  crash ... with  when we return , although we are using the same  server name  and identifier,   we end up  on some   strange  glitched   server.     This is the  3rd  time i have   run into  this occurrence in a month.  

And to think they  not only want us to play this game  but want  people to  buy   it

Psssst ..i have a bridge over Sydney harbor  for  sale.....  a bargain...

im just waiting for this apparent new second fix they talked about coming in new year since the game unplayable at moment....

Edited by Japle

Mine has been crashing so much, the game has become unplayable. Every time i try to start a new game in explore the game stops responding.

I also have that problem. I start it up, it works for like 1 minute, and then it just exits. I don't know what to do. I know this is a bit late, I mean you all have been posting this in January, but I still have this problem...

Hope you can fix it! :)

12 hours ago, jacobkoert said:

I also have that problem. I start it up, it works for like 1 minute, and then it just exits. I don't know what to do. I know this is a bit late, I mean you all have been posting this in January, but I still have this problem...

Hope you can fix it! :)

Could you please send us your output_logs and output_logs_clean when this happens? You can find them here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data