Japle

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-21162] Crashing repeatedly

Question

15 replies to this bug / suggestion

Also if you'd get these when the crash happens C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\Bohemia Interactive\Ylands\Crashes

Then that'd be a dream come true ?

Hi Japle, do the crashes by any chance occur mostly when you're sailing on a ship? Or do they happen randomly?

@Berzeger

Crashes happen when jumping into water, running along field, sailing, jumping, loading map, swimming so you could could say randomly, along with logs ill say what happened before crash to help 

• Thanks 1

Log-9

Crashed during sailing in foggy and raining weather, Loaded save was running for only about 3 minute. 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Log-10

Crashed during sailing in clear weather, Loaded save was running for only a minute.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

sometimes it repeat crash of sailing or other times it repeat crash jumping into water and swimming 

Edited by Japle

I've been having issues with crashing as well. In explore mode, over multiple save files. It's either as soon as I load into the game or after about 5-10 minutes of running around. I've reinstalled, verified game files, checked that it's past my firewall, and made sure my graphics card is up to date (running on a GTX1080). Just deciding to post logs in order to try to help resolve the situation as I would really like to play the game ?. If it helps to know the game just freezes and has to be force closed or closed by windows knowing that it is not responding. Can and will edit with more on different save files to help expedite the process of fixing this problem. If I do not crash on opening up a save file, it seems to crash right around the time that it would normally auto save and the auto save does not go through. All crash reports are on local-saved single player game files. It is interesting to note that sometimes after crashing I am receiving the "unable to complete backend request" error upon trying to reload the game. 

Crash #1:

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

DxDiag.txt

Crash #2:

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Following this crash I have done a reinstall of steam and it has seemed to fix the problems for now. (10:30AM CST 12/16/19)

Edited by xdioxin

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

what im finding is that ill have a period of time where there are no crashes for an hour or two but than there are times with constant crashing again and again and again, also freezes when closing the game from main menu, editor crashes if your flying about loading too many things at once and so on

If after the crash you could send these, then that would be perfecto ? C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\Bohemia Interactive\Ylands\Crashes

8 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

If after the crash you could send these, then that would be perfecto ? C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\Bohemia Interactive\Ylands\Crashes

Ah! Hidden folder, no wonder I couldn't find it before. I've found one of my crashes from 12/12/19. Cannot attatch the .dmp but here are the text files from that folder. If you need the .dmp let me know and I'll upload it to a file share and link for you!

error.log

output_log.txt

Edited by xdioxin

3 minutes ago, xdioxin said:

Ah! Hidden folder, no wonder I couldn't find it before. I've found one of my crashes from 12/12/19. Cannot attatch the .dmp but here are the text files from that folder. If you need the .dmp let me know and I'll upload it to a file share and link for you!

error.log

output_log.txt

Maybe if you zip it?