Sign in to follow this  
JeremiahKane

Island Biome Suggestion - Corrupted Yland

Question

This thought just occurred to me, so I thought I'd suggest it. A corrupted biome.

Picture the scene, if you will. A dark colored island in a state of perpetual darkness due to the shroud of dark mist surrounding it. Teeming with hostile corrupted creatures. Maybe even some mutated horrors. Throw in some dark, maybe corrupted flora and perhaps a dark stone-variant, and you've got yourself a party.

A deadly party, but still a party.

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

13 minutes ago, JeremiahKane said:

This thought just occurred to me, so I thought I'd suggest it. A corrupted biome.

Picture the scene, if you will. A dark colored island in a state of perpetual darkness due to the shroud of dark mist surrounding it. Teeming with hostile corrupted creatures. Maybe even some mutated horrors. Throw in some dark, maybe corrupted flora and perhaps a dark stone-variant, and you've got yourself a party.

A deadly party, but still a party.

I think it's a really neat idea, but it seems a little cliche, a lot of games have this kind of theme such as Minecraft with the nether world.

How would a dark fantasy world fit with the thematic universe of Ylands? (Ylands is set to be realistic with a small magic touch)

I think if anything, what COULD be interesting is an island that is an abandoned temple of an old civilization such as Atlantis.

However when the player tries to take the valuable relics from the island, hostile creatures pop up to attack the player.

before they add anything new ,  may we suggest they fix  what they already  have.?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bojo2736 said:

@Igor Q. Is this something that could be built and scripted?  

Of course.

You can even take it a step further and make it randomly generated.

The new Ray Casting lets you bury treasure chests in the ground. Once a player opens it, you can spawn monsters or something

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

I think it's a really neat idea, but it seems a little cliche, a lot of games have this kind of theme such as Minecraft with the nether world.

How would a dark fantasy world fit with the thematic universe of Ylands? (Ylands is set to be realistic with a small magic touch)

Yeah, it is a bit cliche, but from what we can surmise, the corrupted creatures have been affected by the Ylandium. But from the way things generally look, there isn't enough Ylandium on most islands to have a major effect. But imagine if amount of Ylandium was greater in the environment, then the amount of corruption could be a lot worse. That's the gist of my thoughts.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.:) Both ideas by @JeremiahKane and @Igor Q. are great and I think they would make great projects for the community. Our development team has too much work to focus on a specific creative idea like this right now but that's exactly why we have the editor.:) If you have the time to work on these "darker worlds" I'd be more than happy to help with anything and I'll make sure your stuff gets enough love. Creating your suggestions also helps our designers because they can clearly see what you have in mind. I'll pass your ideas on and you can message me if you want to make something.?